Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insignia A complete buying guide for MK1/MK2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia A complete buying guide for MK1/MK2?

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the GM/Opel world (Former VAG owner), I do most of my repairs my self. However looking at the forums posts I see that some gearboxes is affected, some problems with clogged engine oil channels and maybe more. It's not worse than VAG cars.

But could someone send me in the right direction, I'm looking to buy a Insignia but I don't exactly know what to look for, if this already have discussed please give me a link?

When owning a Insignia is it possible to do some extra preventive maintenance/repairs to avoid big engine failures?

Thank you in advance

To be more specific. Looking for a Insignia 2009-2012, mileage 8000-13000km, 2.0 CDTI Estate.
    Last edited by sriray; 02-02-2018, 12:39 PM. Reason: Removed extra 0 from 2012

Comment

pot luck with any car fella - doesn't matter what car or what make. Just make sure it has full service history. 160CDTI has the better gearbox, if you can stretch to a facelift 163CDTI then you'll get much more economy. Had mine 3 years and covered 50k miles with no problems at all. Just cost me tyres and servicing.

Comment

Originally posted by bifrost View Post
        To be more specific. Looking for a Insignia 2009-20012, mileage 8000-13000km, 2.0 CDTI Estate.
        Good luck finding a vehicle that old with that low mileage then
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

It depends on which engine you choose. There is the 130 and 160 engine.
          The 130 is fitted with the M32 chocolate gearbox, listen up for gearbox whining noise on your test drive. This gearbox should be replaced with premium gearbox oil to help prevent issues.
          The 160 can have the Boost solenoid valve noisy issue
          Possible power steering pipe leak on pre 2012, dripping on to the dpf which can cause fire.
          Last edited by sriray; 02-02-2018, 10:47 PM.

Comment

as mentioned above stick to the F40 box

regular oil changes will good quality oil, Shell AG highly recommended

Common faults but easy diy fixes
            boost solenoid value about £15-20 5mins to change
            intercooler pipe £35 i think 30mins to change
            egr cooler housing £cheap 30mins to change
            glow plugs not a common failure but high mileage cars will need them changed, 5min job £varies if you have sensored or non sensored glowplugs

dpf - can block if you dont do many miles, avoid any modern diesel unless your doing 15-20k+ miles a year

can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but regular servicing is important with any car

Comment

Mine's got the M32 chocolate box, never had a problem with it..
              just make sure you service the car regularly and you won't have any issues..
              Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Langy View Post
                Mine's got the M32 chocolate box, never had a problem with it..
                You jinx it now Chris

Comment

Problems and recalls
                  https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/18536-Problems-and-recalls-For-Insignia-A

Comment

Another useful site:

Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

You are now off my Christmas card list Ray..
                      [emoji12][emoji12]

Pressing random buttons on my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Chris

Comment

Working...
                      X