Electric power steering feeling heavy most of the time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric power steering feeling heavy most of the time

Help everyone I've had an issue with my electric power steering for a while now took it to dealers and can't find a problem. The issue is the steering feels heavy alot of the time and car feels like it's turning with lower power steering than normal. I know there is a definite issue cause when it's working properly the car feels like a totally different car to drive lovely and light and can steer it with my fingertips. When it's heavy it's horrible to drive always having help the wheel go back to straight after turning at a junction it doesn't go back on its own like when it's working. If anybody has any similar problems on their's I would love to know cause Im at my wits end with it trying to solve it.

Usually a dicky steering rack if it’s needs help straightening back up from my experience mate

2014 Insignia Facelift, 2.0 CDTI, Ecoflex S/S

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jordan I thought that at first but it's not always like that when it's working fine it works perfectly I would think if it was the steering rack it would be bad all the time wouldn't it. What's your thoughts.

Comment

Yeah second that mate good point, maybe an electrical issue with the motor? But then you would think with all the sensors they have you’d get a fault light [emoji848]

Comment

I know that is what is bugging me you see the stealers don't know what's wrong either it's probably the torque sensor but it's not showing up any faults so its a bit of a mystery.

Comment

Vauxhall gremlins [emoji23]

Comment

If you think its vx gremlin then disconnect the battery for an hour then reconnect . It might fix the issue you never know .

But car garages are useless these days they only know to fix it if the computer says there is a problem and tell them where the problem is. Gone are the days of mechanics, all technicians now.

Comment

Yeah ok might try that when I get time to. Got nothing to loose eh. Yeah untill something fails completely they don't want to know now do they.

Comment

They're quick enough taking the money though!
                  Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                  Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Yeah they sure are.

Comment

Try the steering angle sensor mate..

Comment

Originally posted by WHIPPY-WOOLLEY View Post
                        Try the steering angle sensor mate..
                        Yeah ok il mention that to vauxhall when I next take it in. I have extended warranty so should be covered. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Szabo1985 View Post
                          Yeah ok il mention that to vauxhall when I next take it in. I have extended warranty so should be covered. Thanks for the advice.
                          I have the same issue....were you able to get this sorted and if so how ?

Comment

No still the same have days when if feels like it's working then most days it ain't. Vauxhal keep saying if nothing is comming up on diagnostics they can't find it. If you have any luck let me know please.

Comment

Originally posted by Szabo1985 View Post
                              No still the same have days when if feels like it's working then most days it ain't. Vauxhal keep saying if nothing is comming up on diagnostics they can't find it. If you have any luck let me know please.
                              Thanks a lot. Will let you know if i find anything although went for a drive with a mechanic (that i got the car from) and he said he could find no issues with it...but not surprised they would say that

Comment

Working...
                              X