Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't change gear when cold, hard going into gear

Hi All,

I've fixed the issue but named the title so anyone else with this problem can sort it.

So got my car, after a week or so I couldnt select a gear when the car was cold, I had to wait untill the car heated up before being able to change gear, when it was running gear changes were horrendous.

I gave my mate a call (He has his own gearbox repair company) He said switch of the engine and see if you can select gears, worked perfect. He then advised me to change the gearbox oil (2.0 cdti - manual)

So 1.4l of red longlife MTF came out, 2.4l of Comma gear oil went back in (75-90).

Works perfect now, gear changes are smooth as you like, 0 issues when the car is cold, the gearstick even returns to neutral now.

Hope this helps someone else!

Cheers

S

Quite a few of members have done this job including myself,makes a huge change to the g/box.

Thought I would do this today and share,may help members if/when they do theirs: 1st,Took the Siggy to warm up the oil. 2nd,Jack up,support and remove n/s front wheel. 3rd,10mm allen key or socket allen key to undo the drain plug.Oil tray placed under diff. 4th,Remove filler plug on top of box,8mm allen key socket with
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

My car won't go into gear when engine is on. Goes in straight away when the engine is turned off. Would changing the gearbox oil sort this. It went from being fine Thursday to not working friday morning. Clutch paddle is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by GBW View Post
        My car won't go into gear when engine is on. Goes in straight away when the engine is turned off. Would changing the gearbox oil sort this. It went from being fine Thursday to not working friday morning. Clutch paddle is fine.
        Would be worth trying first as it's a lot cheaper than a new clutch. Hopefully that's all it is
        2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
        honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Working...
        X