08 insignia saloon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Minuteman View Post
    Hi Centaur, I have autodata's wiring diagram for tailgate electrics if that's any good. Looking at it the relay should be in the facia fuse box relay K58
    Could have a look at work on Monday for actual location of relay but PM me your email if you want me to send you wiring diagram
    Hi Minuteman. Looking at the Haynes wiring diagrams both the central locking and the tailgate release relay are involved. I "believe" the tailgate relay is in the boot and I assume from what you say the central locking relay is in the facia box. The relays do not appear to have any marking apart from type so how do I identify K58? I have access to another Insignia to borrow relays from to swap over and a diagram showing relay physical layout would make life a lot easier. I could swap over all the relays but I don't think the owner of the other Insignia would appreciate that! I have worked on car electrics on dozens of cars but up to now the Haynes has always shown fuse AND relay layout but not for this car. I'm fairly happy with the Haynes wiring diagram but would appreciate a diagram from another source so if you could email me on [email]william.smyth10 @ btinternet.com I would really appreciate it. Spaces left in email address to stop the bots. Best regards, Bill.

Comment

Not sure if this is of any help:- https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=k5...DBj1rRiViPApM:
      There are only a few relays that shape, should only be one with the pins in the right place.

Comment

Have you looked in the compartment behind the rear lights from what I understand the control is an ecu and not just a relay

Comment

Originally posted by Red Stoat View Post
          Not sure if this is of any help:- https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=k5...DBj1rRiViPApM:
          There are only a few relays that shape, should only be one with the pins in the right place.
          Following your link takes me to a diagram in Polish which is not one of my languages! I have seen these links before and have spent a lot of time trying to find the correct image in a language I can understand. Thanks for trying, RS.

Comment

No probs will send in the morning. Will check relay positions on Monday.
            PS. Got to say you are the first person I have ever found that actually said Haynes manuals were any good! Lol
            sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Originally posted by Centaur View Post
              Following your link takes me to a diagram in Polish which is not one of my languages! I have seen these links before and have spent a lot of time trying to find the correct image in a language I can understand. Thanks for trying, RS.
              Yes I have been told I am trying many times! Sorry it didn't help. I hope you get it sorted soon. Good luck mate.

Comment

Diagrams sent to your email Centaur
                sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Originally posted by Minuteman View Post
                  Diagrams sent to your email Centaur
                  Thanks, MM. The diagrams are much better than the Haynes. I have bought loads of Haynes over the years when I couldn't get a copy of the service manual. Better than nothing. relay layout would finish the job please. Regards, Bill.

Comment

Centaur I have sent Fuse box layouts to your emial but there is no tailgate relay listed, there are 2 fuses for the tailgate control module in the fascia fuse box and several in various fuse boxes for central locking.

Update the tailgate relay is incorporated into the Fascia fuse box relay plate
                    Last edited by Minuteman; 12-02-2018, 08:19 PM.
                    sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Just for the record I have sorted the problem by taking every relay out and cleaning them with a toothbrush and contact cleaner. The wife is going to be upset when she sees her toothbrush tonight. My thanks to Minuteman and others who helped and encouraged. Minuteman went to a lot of trouble and I much appreciate it. Drive safe but make progress!

Comment

Glad you got sorted mate, thanks for letting us know it's a happy ending.

Comment

What was the problem ? Did you actually find a problem ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lff64 View Post
                            What was the problem ? Did you actually find a problem ?
                            The problem was the boot wouldn't open and after checking all fuses and connections the fault was eradicated by cleaning EVERY relay as I was unable to locate the RELEVANT relays. It would appear that Vauxhall do not want owners replacing relays. That work is reserved for the dealers by not revealing the location of any particular relay to the owners. I will be getting rid of the Insignia quickly before another electrical problem appears and it will be my last Vauxhall. My first was a Vauxhall Cresta in the early 60s. Absolute rust bucket as were most cars in that era.

Comment

Working...
                            X