Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tomjohn View Post
    Hello guys,

I went through this forum and I have not found, that anyone had problem with playing sound. I have contacted their support, and we find out, that my insignia has factory amplifier located in trunk. The device has amplifier cable, but I dont (they also dont) know, where this cable shoould be connected on ISO connector. Can u give me an advice please?
    Iso connector pins which correstpond to mine is on bottom in following picture. Pins are from CABLE side view( not from pins). thank you

https://www.autohifi24.cz/media/sot-...00_500_3_0.jpg

more pictures from my car
    https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=dd390...Hl-o9rUYaYaqD4
    Premium sound system is quite rare not seen many people have this. The setup is different on them

Have you got a pic of the amp cable you are talking about?

Comment

• Think you can solve this by connecting your own Amp to the system and re route the speaker cables to your placed Amp. (I have also done this)

Comment

• Originally posted by sriray View Post
        Premium sound system is quite rare not seen many people have this. The setup is different on them

Have you got a pic of the amp cable you are talking about?
        I dont have picture of that cable, it should be just wire and by swiping from top to bottom I would enable amplifier check box. It should be one of they provide
        Yes it is premium sound system there. When I connect only ISO connector, old system is playing, so it will be probably quesition of connecting right wire on ISO. I can measure it and check colors, but maybe someone has experience with it.

JUST want to add that there is some extra wire next to audio wires on original ISO

Comment

• Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
          Think you can solve this by connecting your own Amp to the system and re route the speaker cables to your placed Amp. (I have also done this)
          I dont get it, means I cannot use original amp?

Comment

I dont have picture of that cable, it should be just wire and by swiping from top to bottom I would enable amplifier check box. It should be one of they provide
            Yes it is premium sound system there. When I connect only ISO connector, old system is playing, so it will be probably quesition of connecting right wire on ISO. I can measure it and check colors, but maybe someone has experience with it.

JUST want to add that there is some extra wire next to audio wires on original ISO
            What extra wires are they on original iso?

Comment

• Android Aftermarket 10.4 infotainment systems - Technical Discussion

Originally posted by tomjohn View Post
              I dont get it, means I cannot use original amp?
              Yes, that is the downside to it. On the ontherside: you can place a subwoofer to and use original speakers on your own amp. (I also upgraded and replaced door speakers) if you cannot solve the sound problem with your original Amp there is a alternative)

Comment

• Originally posted by sriray View Post
                What extra wires are they on original iso?
                perhaps green/yellow https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...180148&o=OneUp ?

Comment

Yes, that is the downside to it. On the ontherside: you can place a subwoofer to and use original speakers on your own amp. (I also upgraded and replaced door speakers) if you cannot solve the sound problem with your original Amp there is a alternative)
                  ok, but what is behind? isnt it only about powering correct wire which leads to AMP? or there is some special electronic (compute) logic behind it?

Comment

ok, but what is behind? isnt it only about powering correct wire which leads to AMP? or there is some special electronic (compute) logic behind it?
                    Well, the way you want to connect it now is (what I think) not gonna work. Because, with the new unit it connects directly to the speakers. And when you want to use a Amp (which is your original situation) you always have to use the Tulip red and white Out plugs to connect a AMP to. The new unit is expecting speaker outputs at the end of the connections on the ISO plugs, not an Amp. And also, it is indeed very good chance that this AMP only works with the original headunit.

Comment

Well, the way you want to connect it now is (what I think) not gonna work. Because, with the new unit it connects directly to the speakers. And when you want to use a Amp (which is your original situation) you always have to use the Tulip red and white Out plugs to connect a AMP to. The new unit is expecting speaker outputs at the end of the connections on the ISO plugs, not an Amp. And also, it is indeed very good chance that this AMP only works with the original headunit.
                      From new unit, audio cables goes to ISO connector, so it does NOT connect directly to speakers. And from ISO it leads to orginal manufacturer AMP, so i would say, question about powering right pin (wire) on original ISO, if there is no activation signal (some binary code) from original player to say, hey system, turn on AMP, which I doubt. THerefore new uni has also special cable to provide powering when system is not, but it is not connected, their support told me, to use it on correct wire.

Comment

From new unit, audio cables goes to ISO connector, so it does NOT connect directly to speakers. And from ISO it leads to orginal manufacturer AMP, so i would say, question about powering right pin (wire) on original ISO, if there is no activation signal (some binary code) from original player to say, hey system, turn on AMP, which I doubt. THerefore new uni has also special cable to provide powering when system is not, but it is not connected, their support told me, to use it on correct wire.
                        If you have a amp connected its always: unit, then Amp, then speakers. In the ISO there are cables who going directly to the speakers in my situation without a Amp. So if you have a amp in the original situation the speakers also comes after the Amp and after the unit always comes the Amp if you have one. Is the wire you reffering to maybe the “remote wire” they’re talking about? This is for switching you’re 3rd party Amp on and off. (But a normal 12v switchable positive also works) or is this not what you mean?

Comment

• I try and see if I could find the wiring description of each wire

Comment

If you have a amp connected its always: unit, then Amp, then speakers. In the ISO there are cables who going directly to the speakers in my situation without a Amp. So if you have a amp in the original situation the speakers also comes after the Amp and after the unit always comes the Amp if you have one. Is the wire you reffering to maybe the “remote wire” they’re talking about? This is for switching you’re 3rd party Amp on and off. (But a normal 12v switchable positive also works) or is this not what you mean?
                            This amp switch cabke comes from new device and it is inteded to use for switch on/off amplifier. So on my navi800 i suppose that this cable is connected to proper pin on ISO,but on new device it is not connected to any pin and must be connected manually, so i have to find wire, which activates amp. This is original amp mounted by opel and they have to have some manual for it. But main point is to find wire on original iso cable, which leads to original mounted amplifier and it says to it, turn off or on. I dont think, it js power cable, but just switcher

Comment

• Android Aftermarket 10.4 infotainment systems - Technical Discussion

Originally posted by tomjohn View Post
                              This amp switch cabke comes from new device and it is inteded to use for switch on/off amplifier. So on my navi800 i suppose that this cable is connected to proper pin on ISO,but on new device it is not connected to any pin and must be connected manually, so i have to find wire, which activates amp. This is original amp mounted by opel and they have to have some manual for it. But main point is to find wire on original iso cable, which leads to original mounted amplifier and it says to it, turn off or on. I dont think, it js power cable, but just switcher
                              An remote wire (blue) on the new unit is 12 v positive. you don’t have to believe me [emoji4] but the remote wire is always just an 12 V which turns on the Amp when the radio is turned on, therefore, if you do not have a remote wire and need one, you can just use the cigarette lighter positive as example. In my new unit I do not have a remote wire and they said to me to use the “antenna switch” on the diagram, my advise: do not use it! But all this is not at the question because you say you have the remote wire on your unit so maybe they send you another cable then I have.

And if the amp from the siggie turns on the same way a third party amp would, the you can manage to do it indeed if you find the right connection. But do not use the antenna switch for it.

Comment

An remote wire (blue) on the new unit is 12 v positive. you don’t have to believe me [emoji4] but the remote wire is always just an 12 V which turns on the Amp when the radio is turned on, therefore, if you do not have a remote wire and need one, you can just use the cigarette lighter positive as example. In my new unit I do not have a remote wire and they said to me to use the “antenna switch” on the diagram, my advise: do not use it! But all this is not at the question because you say you have the remote wire on your unit so maybe they send you another cable then I have.

And if the amp from the siggie turns on the same way a third party amp would, the you can manage to do it indeed if you find the right connection. But do not use the antenna switch for it.
                                There is special black cable marked as AMP from their device. Yes i need thar right connection. I will try by mysself or dealer, as opel support told me. It is original, they have to know it. And thank u for advise

Comment

Working...
                                X