Android Aftermarket 10.4 infotainment systems - Technical Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
    Did you also know that you can change a setting so it would be possible to change contrast color and brightness of you backup rear view camera? It is way to glary and bright from stock
    Not installed reverse cam yet so don't know. It's freezing here in UK.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
      Not installed reverse cam yet so don't know. It's freezing here in UK.
      Here also, only thing between us is a little bit of water [emoji6]

Comment

Well ive just read all of this should be getting my unit tomorrow think I am going to need some help setting up .

Comment

Viper4android should solve the problem with treble, bass, fader and sound quality so it will be changeable in all apps. Will report back if I get it to work. For the people who want to read more about the unit, see this link. To be clear: do not focus on the images of the devices in that thread, the important part is the CPU, autochips ac83xx and android 4.4.2, which is the same as ours.

There is a lot of abacadabra in this thread because these are the hardcore android rooters, but hey, we need to start somewhere.

Comment

sriray: you said you gonna place the flexride switches at the place were the navi button is now. Are you gonna replace the buttons or are you keeping these and placing the buttons between the seat and the center console?

Comment

sriray: you said you gonna place the flexride switches at the place were the navi button is now. Are you gonna replace the buttons or are you keeping these and placing the buttons between the seat and the center console?
              The buttons are useless now that the aftermarket is fitted. So the nav controls have now been removed I just got a big hole. 2 ways of doing it either I modified the current cover or buy a non nav one and modify that.

Comment

Navigation and playing music at same time not working correctly.
                On the factory navi, I would have the navigation on and music playing same time, after it gives out voice instruction the music will resume playing.
                This aftermarket system is not doing the same thing. You can set the navigation on then open the music app play your music and reopen the navigation app, music still plays until it gives out voice instructions and then it wouldn't automatically resume playing the music.

Comment

Navigation and playing music at same time not working correctly.
                  On the factory navi, I would have the navigation on and music playing same time, after it gives out voice instruction the music will resume playing.
                  This aftermarket system is not doing the same thing. You can set the navigation on then open the music app play your music and reopen the navigation app, music still plays until it gives out voice instructions and then it wouldn't automatically resume playing the music.
                  That is the same with me, I muted nav voice.

Comment

That is the same with me, I muted nav voice.
                    I had to do that yesterday muted it. Not great is it

Comment

Android Aftermarket 10.4" infotainment systems - Technical Discussion

Nope, not at all, there are a LOT of failures. Btw.: how are the bluetooth calls working for ya?

No time yet for viper4android also, two little children. So will repory back about that. This is to correct the high treble sound which is not changeable. Noticed it to?

Comment

Android Aftermarket 10.4" infotainment systems - Technical Discussion

Also, noticed a buzzing sound when you have the volume at 1 and the gain half way open on your Amp? It is very irritating!! I had to disconnect the rear speakers to reduce the gain and to get rid of it. (Sub and two front on amp, rear speakers on headunit)

Comment

Nope, not at all, there are a LOT of failures. Btw.: how are the bluetooth calls working for ya?

No time yet for viper4android also, two little children. So will repory back about that. This is to correct the high treble sound which is not changeable. Noticed it to?
                          Not tried to call on bluetooth yet, but i have notice a small tick sound when the audio system is not playing anything.
                          Not tried the equaliser yet apart from the bass slider but i just been using the built in music app and its working fine for that app, so not caused me any major issues yet.

Comment

Also, noticed a buzzing sound when you have the volume at 1 and the gain half way open on your Amp? It is very irritating!! I had to disconnect the rear speakers to reduce the gain and to get rid of it. (Sub and two front on amp, rear speakers on headunit)
                            I still not had time to wire mine back on to the external amp. Do you still use a line convertor/rca convertor to connect to external amp. The unit is lacking front phono and sub output, it has rear phono though.
                            Not had it at volume 1 so don't know about buzzing noise.

Comment

Not tried to call on bluetooth yet, but i have notice a small tick sound when the audio system is not playing anything.
                              Not tried the equaliser yet apart from the bass slider but i just been using the built in music app and its working fine for that app, so not caused me any major issues yet.
                              I understand, but you are not gonna use that app I think. And all other apps you download from the platstore such as spotify for example, in all these apps is the sound not changeable and there is a “default” stock setting which has full treble [emoji848]

Comment

I still not had time to wire mine back on to the external amp. Do you still use a line convertor/rca convertor to connect to external amp. The unit is lacking front phono and sub output, it has rear phono though.
                                Not had it at volume 1 so don't know about buzzing noise.
                                I do not use the high low anymore but connected it again to find out if I could get rid of the annoying noise with the high low and the answer is no....

Comment

Working...
                                X