No announcement yet.

Android Aftermarket 10.4 infotainment systems - Technical Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting. Images on the front looks the same but might be different, I bought mine from Prelingcar.

I took some pictures after connecting most of the cables, should have taken a picture before connecting them.. well, well.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191208_125442_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	244062
    The unit fits nicely, no need to break any plastics but I didn't fasten it since I need to take it out again to fix the sound issue. I don't think there's any need to break any plastics though.

I'm in Sweden and speak Swedish, Icelandic and English. I did learn some German in school but I probably remember 20 words at most :P

Comment

• Oh, thats interesting.
      The Software looks completely the same but the Hardware seems completely different.

But it doesnt matter how it looks - the Infinity System need the +12V Signal to Switch On
      If i remember Pin 37 is for the Infinity and Pin 43 for the Antenna.

Will look later again, when i am at the Car

Comment

• So, home from Work

I made a Photo and i am not really sure if its Pin43 or Pin37 and on my Radio it is already connected.
        The Blue Cable from the Radio goes to the Yellow/Green one (i hope its correct because i am Colour blind)
        So i think i don't need the Cable from the Ashtray.

If your Pin is empty where my Blue Wire is, than you need to connect the Blue Wire (Amp Cont) to the Yellow/Green Wire from the Car (with your Powerthieves you showed me in your PM).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191209_155621.jpg
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	244066

Comment

• That solved it! Connected AMP-INT to pin 43 (green/yellow wire). Thank you for your outstanding help!

I'm wondering how and if I can connect it to the internal microphones in the car? It currently uses the small external microphone that came with it. I haven't tested disconnecting the external microphone but I don't think it'll make a difference?

Everything else works as expected! The car settings are a bit confusing since it's bad English (Chinese products..) but I think I'll handle it once I've fiddled around with them.
          The UI is a bit "locked", can't find anywhere to change the default music player, how to lower the lowest volume or how to enable music when in reverse (music stops and screen changes to camera + parking sensors).
          Other than that; I'm happy with it! The sound quality is much, much better then the original NAVI 900 and the eq settings is awesome!

Comment

• Great, nice to hear

Yes, i am a little bit disappointed because of the Software.
            If i compare it, i like the Software from my Ownice much more and i have more Options
            At example i can change the Volume when i am in Reverse Mode (only a little bit lower not complete silent).

With a Android Radio the internal Microphone is not working - maybe someone knows a solution?

And yes - no chance to change the UI (Musicplayer...)
            The only thing you can change is the Navigation App.
            But this is the same on every "Tesla" Radios i tested.

What i really don't like is the big fixed Menus - they are really to big.
            I think from the 10" Display you can maybe use 6"
            The Bottom is much to big for only showing "Bluetooth Connected"

On my Ownice i have much more from my Display left for my Apps.

I made Videos to compare it - will upload it later.

There is only one thing better for me - the Sound from the Pre Out and the DSP (and its a little bit faster).
            This was the main reason for me to test another Devive
            But sadly there are Noises from my Carelectronic at my Amp...
            So again not perfect for me - the Ownice was silent.

What is your Colour of the Radio (the plastic)?
            Mine is too Brown and fit not so good like the Ownice - it looks a little bit Cheaper

Comment

• thanks for this code
              i got 888888 as code from the technician or wannabee technician from the Ali Express shop

Comment

• Originally posted by Evolution View Post
                Great, nice to hear

Yes, i am a little bit disappointed because of the Software.
                If i compare it, i like the Software from my Ownice much more and i have more Options
                At example i can change the Volume when i am in Reverse Mode (only a little bit lower not complete silent).

With a Android Radio the internal Microphone is not working - maybe someone knows a solution?

And yes - no chance to change the UI (Musicplayer...)
                The only thing you can change is the Navigation App.
                But this is the same on every "Tesla" Radios i tested.

What i really don't like is the big fixed Menus - they are really to big.
                I think from the 10" Display you can maybe use 6"
                The Bottom is much to big for only showing "Bluetooth Connected"

On my Ownice i have much more from my Display left for my Apps.

I made Videos to compare it - will upload it later.

There is only one thing better for me - the Sound from the Pre Out and the DSP (and its a little bit faster).
                This was the main reason for me to test another Devive
                But sadly there are Noises from my Carelectronic at my Amp...
                So again not perfect for me - the Ownice was silent.

What is your Colour of the Radio (the plastic)?
                Mine is too Brown and fit not so good like the Ownice - it looks a little bit Cheaper
                I totally agree, the bottom overlay with "Bluetooth Connected" is Huge.

Noises? I hear a low hissing sound when nothing is playing, like it does from low quality PC speakers. If I mute, the sound stops. It's not too bad though, I don't notice it when driving so it doesn't really bother me.
                You hear other sounds than a low hiss?

The plastics on mine is dark grey and looks nice. Nothing to complain about from the plastic. I guess your plastic and frame isn't the same :/

Comment

• Ok, i think mine is nearly the same.

Yes there is some hissing and yes, while driving the Car is louder.
                  And because i am Colour Blind i asked my Girlfriend and she said it's more some dark grey and not Brown but i think my old Ownice fits much better.

I am still looking how to get rid of this big Menus. Still not decided which radio i keep.

Comment

• Hi,
                    Any update about prelingcar TS Series system after some time of usage? Does it work fine after few months? Have you found any issues that are annoying and you are thinking about the change to the original navi 900 or other android system?
                    I've read almost all messages on this thread and I see that the biggest problem is the hissing noise. Is this improved for TS Series which has better DSP than the older systems?
                    Also, if I understood correctly, TS series from prelingcar has AMP Cord which can be used to power up amplifier or if the voltage decreases to 6V after a while then I would need to use other 12V source, corrent?

I'm looking for android radio for my insignia (MY2012) with Navi 900 and infinity sound system and I am almost decided to buy, not the tesla system, but this:
                    https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/32884196224.html (TS version with 4GLte 4/64GB)
                    I was thinking about the tesla but after all as you mentioned before there is 10.4" screen but a big part of it is constantly used by bottom and top panels and the real working area for apps is small and it's situated low on the dashboard (not on the eyes level).
                    The radio from the link looks to be with exactly the same hardware but different screen.

I have also a few questions to TS Series owners:
                    1. What is the boot time? How long do you need to wait to hear radio (or be able to open radio/music app)? According to seller TS series should boot in a few seconds...
                    2. Do you think that original buttons from the dashboard will be working? I mean radio, navi, back, volume, config, tune etc. I saw a video on YT for some other android radio and buttons worked there.
                    3. Is there a way to connect the original CD/DVD player?
                    4. Do you have any issues with heating/high temperature of radio after a long drive? I've read somewhere that this Intel 9853 processor is getting warm after some time.

Big thanks to all users for sharing all information in this thread

Comment

• Originally posted by lukif View Post
                      Hi,
                      Any update about prelingcar TS Series system after some time of usage? Does it work fine after few months? Have you found any issues that are annoying and you are thinking about the change to the original navi 900 or other android system?
                      I've read almost all messages on this thread and I see that the biggest problem is the hissing noise. Is this improved for TS Series which has better DSP than the older systems?
                      Also, if I understood correctly, TS series from prelingcar has AMP Cord which can be used to power up amplifier or if the voltage decreases to 6V after a while then I would need to use other 12V source, corrent?

I'm looking for android radio for my insignia (MY2012) with Navi 900 and infinity sound system and I am almost decided to buy, not the tesla system, but this:
                      https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/32884196224.html (TS version with 4GLte 4/64GB)
                      I was thinking about the tesla but after all as you mentioned before there is 10.4" screen but a big part of it is constantly used by bottom and top panels and the real working area for apps is small and it's situated low on the dashboard (not on the eyes level).
                      The radio from the link looks to be with exactly the same hardware but different screen.

I have also a few questions to TS Series owners:
                      1. What is the boot time? How long do you need to wait to hear radio (or be able to open radio/music app)? According to seller TS series should boot in a few seconds...
                      2. Do you think that original buttons from the dashboard will be working? I mean radio, navi, back, volume, config, tune etc. I saw a video on YT for some other android radio and buttons worked there.
                      3. Is there a way to connect the original CD/DVD player?
                      4. Do you have any issues with heating/high temperature of radio after a long drive? I've read somewhere that this Intel 9853 processor is getting warm after some time.

Big thanks to all users for sharing all information in this thread

AND

Comment

• Hi everyone,

firstly thank god there are forums and one that is just for insignias.

my name is Stuart, I'm in Uxbridge (London). I have been an insignia owner now for a few months, I have 2012 Sri. with a Tesla-style vertical screen Android head unit - same unit as seen in the first photos of the following thread https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...roid+head+unit

when I first brought this it came with a Tesla-style vertical screen Android head unit (the main selling point for me to buy it), which I have been seeing some issues of it being really slow and also getting an error message coming up saying "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped". I have reset all app permissions and still getting this message.

now the main problem is when I tried to do a factory reset from the settings but there is a password, I have tried to contact the person I brought it from and they are unsure of the passcode to enable factory reset as they got someone else to install it a few years back.

my question is (if you can help) is there a way to either:
                        1. bypass the password
                        2. an update that can solve this issue
                        3. is it worth trying to fix as I have got a double din pioneer radio (apple) which I can see if that can be installed to replace this unit. and then just find a dashboard unit that covers up the remaining gap left over from the tesla unit.

please any ideas, fixes, or suggestions are more than welcome! Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	244870

Comment

• Loads of ways to fix it.

Also go to xda, fix will def be there

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

• AND

2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

• Hi MattG,

after trying the search the thread I did come across this video. I did give it ago, but I am still getting the error message.

that is why I was thinking of something like a factory reset but unsure on if the password is going to be the same as I have found in the thread or if it has been changed at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolf88 View Post
                                Hi MattG,

after trying the search the thread I did come across this video. I did give it ago, but I am still getting the error message.

that is why I was thinking of something like a factory reset but unsure on if the password is going to be the same as I have found in the thread or if it has been changed at some point.
                                It's a gamble by the sounds of it on the password, a reset maybe your only option.

Comment

Working...
                                X