No announcement yet.

Android Aftermarket 10.4 infotainment systems - Technical Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone know how to provide a system that really works?

Comment

• Originally posted by MartinSeman View Post
      does anyone know how to provide a system that really works?
      You mean can you get a system that works with the car perfectly with no issues?

Comment

• I want to turn off the onboard power amplifier on the android system but i don't think that is possible. Having some hiccup issues atm. It sometimes go really loud. I did have the power amp app set to 18, but then it feels like it has gone to a 100 and lowering the amount is not affecting the actual volume.

Comment

• Finally! The software update helped me! Since then it has been linked to the car!

Comment

• Originally posted by zozo1004 View Post
            Finally! The software update helped me! Since then it has been linked to the car!
            what version did you send? can you send it to me?

Comment

• Guys Hi! I have got exactly the same unit in december and it took half a year to dig out this nice forum. The head unit is still on my work bench because I can not hook it up to the original car system. There are several issues:
              1) Can not hook up sound system as original car equipped with premium sound system and all speakers are going through original amplifier. The Amplifier is hooked to original screen over digital signal.
              2) I thought if I hook up USB sound card with SPDIF (realy chip and quality one based on PCM2704 chip) I would be able to deliver multichannel sound to the oposit converter (I found one on ebay 5.1 SPDIF to RCA converter) and the last one would deliver clear and HIFI sound to OEM speakers over 3 HIFI amplifiers based on TDA7850 chips. BUT found out that Android 4.4.2 does not support USB sound cards and only few players from googlestore can play music with buildin drivers over USB.
              That would be fine as I could hook up some speaker outs to front speakers, but I got into other problem - the speaker exits from the unit were very noisy and quality of sound awful. Digging into that I found that the original board equipped with very low quality amplifier TDA7388 which lackily could be replaced with HIFI one pin-to-pin! TDA7851L chip widely sold on ebay and aliexpress (but be very careful as there are tonns of replica). So I bought a couple and resoldered/replaced shitty one installed on the XY-Auto motherboard.
              Right after I got very good improvement on sound quality - deep bass and ritch music, but noise is still there when nothing is playing and there are clear clicks and ticks out off speakers depend on what program (radio, bluetooth, music player) opened.
              I went with plan B - hooked RCA output to external amplifier boards, however the same noise is still there, so thet noise is either from shitty firmware or in low power unamplified exit from onboard DAC.
              If I use SPDIF (only to play music from free trial music players installed from googleplay) the sound is crystal clear and noiseless, but can not route all system sounds out off the USB Sound card.

Could you guys help me with the issue, my car equipped with small OEM display (with poor functionality) and premium sound system with 0 noise and I do not want to replace it with noisy unit.

Comment

• also could anyone tell me what is current version of the firmware? Mine is dated end of last year. Maybe there is newest update which will at least solve background noise out off speaker outputs?

Comment

• Originally posted by MartinSeman View Post
                  what version did you send? can you send it to me?
                  e-mail adress please!

Comment

e-mail adress please!
                    it will not pass through email, place it in the drop box and drop link here.

Comment

• That is for canbox connection issue ha! I thought that is android update ((

Did anyone fixed background noise issue?

Comment

e-mail adress please!
                        I send email to your messages...

Comment

• If anyone requires the latest update (January 2018). PM me for the link.

Comment

• Hello People

I own an Insignia 2012 with Flexdrive, Navi 900 and Infinity Sound system.
                            I don't like the Sound and the limitations/handling of the Navi (USB)

Two days ago my new Headunit arrived and even after reading the 60 pages i have some questions (and maybe ideas )
                            I got the cheap one with the new design

First question - there was a User with Infinity System and he had problems with it and at the Aliexpress Reviews there was another one with problems and he said the with the Help of engineer Neil the problem was solved.
                            The middle one: https://feedback.aliexpress.com/disp...mberType=buyer

Candice posted me a hint and pictures for this problem but i really don't know exactly what she mean - does anybody know?

She wrote:
                            "this is the original amplifier power wire, use a wire connect this one/two wire to our RCA cable spare wire.
                            then scroll down from top to bottom of our screen, there is amplifier switch, open it. then working sound."

Maybe i want to upgrade my Sound to and replace this bad Infinty System with my own Amps and Speakers, so for now i have the problem with the Infinity Amp and maybe i would keep the Original Rear Speakers at the Infinty Amp - but the Device has only one Pair of Pre Outs
                            Anybody installed a complete new System with this Android Unit?

Hope i find a good new place for the Flexride Buttons - maybe in the Ashtray...

Greetings from Germany

Edit: Wow, the Smilys here are really big...

Comment

• Originally posted by tomjohn View Post
                              Hello guys,

I went through this forum and I have not found, that anyone had problem with playing sound. I have contacted their support, and we find out, that my insignia has factory amplifier located in trunk. The device has amplifier cable, but I dont (they also dont) know, where this cable shoould be connected on ISO connector. Can u give me an advice please?
                              Iso connector pins which correstpond to mine is on bottom in following picture. Pins are from CABLE side view( not from pins). thank you

https://www.autohifi24.cz/media/sot-...00_500_3_0.jpg

more pictures from my car
                              https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=dd390...Hl-o9rUYaYaqD4
                              Hey Man,
                              did you found a solution?
                              I think soon i have the same problem
                              Are you the buyer from CZ with the solution at Aliexpress?

Comment

Working...
                              X