No announcement yet.

Android Aftermarket 10.4 infotainment systems - Technical Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi guys. I have one of these but the audio quality is terrible when im driving. There is no bass and sounds tinny. However when I park up, turn my engine off and leave the musc playing, the quality then suddenly changes and improves 10 fold. What could this be? Thanks.

Comment

• Hu. Just had the same / similar unit delivered today. Thinking of fitting it at the weekend. Didn't really come with instructions only 2 pieces of paper. Is it easy to fit ? I have this one. 4g model with the dvr and rev cam included.

Is it good unit ?

Many thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by meatandcheese View Post
        Hu. Just had the same / similar unit delivered today. Thinking of fitting it at the weekend. Didn't really come with instructions only 2 pieces of paper. Is it easy to fit ? I have this one. 4g model with the dvr and rev cam included.

Is it good unit ?

Many thanks.
        Hi,

The first models of these which this thread based on had its glitches, hopefully newer models is much improved.
        Fitting wise it will come with the correct loom to directly fit into your existing loom. It will also come with its own buzz speaker for hazard/indicators/parking sound as it no longer goes through the sound system, which i quite like.

Comment

• Hi sriray thanks for the feedback. Its the parts like the 4g antennas and the GPS receiver etc. Not sure where I need to stick them. Do I use 3m tape to stick the buzzer. If so where ?

Comment

Hi sriray thanks for the feedback. Its the parts like the 4g antennas and the GPS receiver etc. Not sure where I need to stick them. Do I use 3m tape to stick the buzzer. If so where ?
            i've bought the same unit and installation was very easy, just keep a note of the wires you unplug
            the antennas i've mounted behind the unit so you can't see them, no issues with signal, gps locks on very quick
            they came supplied with double sided tape, when you remove the backing film only take off about 1cm at each end as the pads are very good and if you use the full length of the strip to stick the antenna down then you'll never get it off again

Comment

Hi sriray thanks for the feedback. Its the parts like the 4g antennas and the GPS receiver etc. Not sure where I need to stick them. Do I use 3m tape to stick the buzzer. If so where ?
              I use an adaptor like this so i could use the factory gps antenna

Not sure about 4G antenna.

For the buzzer, i removed the dash centre mini speaker and stuck the buzzer there in place of speaker. You have to remove the dash vent/speaker grille to access it and feed cables back to radio area. The grille just pops up held in by clips.

Comment

• Hey guys.
                Can you answer me thie? I've searched and didn't found here.

Do those android units lets you change the comfort settings/car settings like the original radio?
                My car has the weirdest combination, it's an OPC ST, with Infinity sound system and a CD400 head unit, and i want to upgrade it, but i'm afraid to lose the personal settings of the car...
                Felipe Sentinger / Santiago - Chile
                2013 - Opel Insignia Sports Tourer OPC

Comment

• Yes, you can change the same settings.
                  One thing it's missing though is automatic sound level adjustment based on speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikk36 View Post
                    Yes, you can change the same settings.
                    One thing it's missing though is automatic sound level adjustment based on speed.
                    Thanks Mikk, i don't use sound leveling anyway...
                    Do you think it is also available at those 8" units as well?
                    I don't really want a gigantic screen and have to delete the flexride buttons..
                    Felipe Sentinger / Santiago - Chile
                    2013 - Opel Insignia Sports Tourer OPC

Comment

• I don't see why it would not be.

Comment

• I have a Facelift with 8" Cluster and IL 900 Gen1 with Bose.

I installed another HU. Everything works, but no steering wheel. In description it says not possible with Navi 900. Is it right?

Comment

• Steering Wheel works now with Facelift. You must connect it with the connector at the Wheel.

Comment

• Hey there.
                            Has someone the new Prelingcar "TS 4G" Model?

Thought i want to replace my Ownice because of the to old Android.
                            Want the new Splitscreen Feature and maybe ist booting faster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evolution View Post
                              Hey there.
                              Thought i want to replace my Ownice because of the to old Android.
                              Want the new Splitscreen Feature and maybe ist booting faster.
                              Are you struggling with new apps?

Comment

• No, everything is fine.

Want something new, that boots faster and i can use the better DSP for my Amp (i hope so)

Comment

Working...
                                X