Hopefully................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RBH View Post
    coz itll be cheaper driving to Cleethorpes with the diesel insignia than it was with the petrol Vectra

Didn't know it was a petrol vectra. Was it a 1.8
    Lol

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
      Didn't know it was a petrol vectra. Was it a 1.8
      Lol
      yep and nowt wrong with the 1.8
      Probably the most reliable of all the vectra engines

and it provided me with 7 years of faultless motoring.
      bought it with 33k on the clock and sold it with 74k on the clock
      Last edited by RBH; 14-03-2018, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
        yep..........1.8

and it provided me with 7 years of faultless motoring.
        bought it with 33k on the clock and sold it with 74k on the clock
        Ar ok. It's good it was a good motor.

You haven't put on much in 7 years. I put on just over 100k in my diesel. 3 years into my ownership had clogged up egr, so had it blanked out deleted and remapped then towards the end near 5 years ownership the car feels unsafe in wet roads, it feels like the water is sucking the car in and aquaplane. So just sold it on as it felt unsafe plus I had trouble with the flywheel slipping which was recently fitted with complete dmf and clutch kit, the garage denied it could be a manufacturing fault and is drivers error that cause the damage without looking at it, less not to say I no longer use that garage. And it just felt the car needs more stuff replacing being 8 years old at the time and I didn't want to spend anymore money on it, part ex for the siggy I received £1500.

Comment

I've changed my job and had a works van, so after 3 years of daily use, it nearly retired.
          It was only driven a few miles during the week and out on a Sunday.
          From April 2016 to April 2017 ( mot to mot ) it had only done 1855 miles.

I sold it privately and got ( what I consider ) good money for it.
          I had every bit of paperwork, receipts for everything and full history.

Comment

Nothing wrong with the 1.8's....to many people think they drive rocket ships when in reality they're a few seconds quicker.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Is this diesel like a rocket compared to the 1.8 Vec

Comment

what plans have you got for the Insignia?... and how do you find it from your Vectra? I've had mine 3 years now and find it SO much nicer to drive than the old XP2,... yours must be the ONLY XP/XP2 (ish) in that colour?

Comment

Working...
                X