Estate 2011 tailgate won’t open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estate 2011 tailgate won’t open

I think I need to replace the boot release switch. Does anybody know where’s best to get one? I don’t want to order the wrong one! Also, is there a manual/emergency boot release anywhere? I can’t find it, the YouTube videos aren’t the same as my estate.

Thanks

Originally posted by Libbypearce1 View Post
    I think I need to replace the boot release switch. Does anybody know where’s best to get one? I don’t want to order the wrong one! Also, is there a manual/emergency boot release anywhere? I can’t find it, the YouTube videos aren’t the same as my estate.

Thanks
    Hi
    See this good guide - https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...ht=boot+switch

Ive recently changed my switch. Thinking I was being cleaver I drilled out the switch and replaced joining out the wires. Still didn't work so had to strip the back down to get to the wiring and found the wire before the connctor had rotted though. Re-soldered and good to go. - So would suggest checking the wiring as might not be the switch?

Comment

Mine wasnt opening lately, I had the autolock doors while driving thing turned on, even when stationary with ignition off the only thing that would open the boot was the remote button.

Or firing the central locking, open, then the inside door button or boot button would work.

Comment

Working...
      X