Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chas901 View Post
    Just an update..

Got my LED headlights in yesterday, they look awesome! Really clear and bright focused beam. Also got the beauty cleaned

Added some pictures.

Lights look better!

Comment

Originally posted by chas901 View Post
      Ah they do mate! I love em.

Weren't to sure what to except before I put them in as I tried LED headlights about 6-7 years ago when they were a new thing and they were ****. Just about lit up the headlight unit itself .

These new ones though with the Philips Z ES LEDs. I believe are the latest LEDs designed for vehicles are lovely. I was genuinely surprised how focused and far the beam went.
      I would say the projector in the headlight unit has alot to play in it though. Not sure how these would look in a reflector style headlight unit as the beam of the LED could be to spread out.
      I had the Xenon AFL’s on my facelift and thought they were great (by far the best lights I’ve ever used) until i got the matrix LEDs (not on in the pic) and they’re simply brilliant, no turning back to crappy halogens or Xenon now, happy night driving Chas

Comment

Originally posted by Neal_1974 View Post
        I had the Xenon AFL’s on my facelift and thought they were great (by far the best lights I’ve ever used) until i got the matrix LEDs (not on in the pic) and they’re simply brilliant, no turning back to crappy halogens or Xenon now, happy night driving Chas
        Yeah I was originally thinking about getting an Xenon conversion kit but the more I read to more I decided it wasn't the way to go. For starters obviously I dont have the self levelling headlight unit which are for Xenon lights, so would have just been blinding everyone on hills etc. But also LEDs give that pure white 100% of the time where as Xenons can at times give a bluey or yellowy look.
        So yeah like you say no turning back from LEDs!
        Happy night driving to you mate
        63 Plate (2014 Model) [B]Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CD[COLOR="#FF0000"]Ti[/COLOR] [140] [COLOR="#008000"]eco[/COLOR]FLEX Tech Line[/B]

Comment

I had both in my facelift. Xenons, apart from them not being ideal for flashing your lights when the lights were not on due to the nature of them needing a few seconds to warm up. The output was great and because they were in projectors they had a nice cut off and never blinded anybody. Leds are deffo the way forward though and once they were up to the job I fitted them. I've just tried leds in my reflector lights but the beam pattern isn't controlled enough and I fear they will dazzle oncoming drivers so I'm making do with xenons designed for reflector lights which have a painted out area to give them a cut off line that matches the halogens. The good thing on mine is the main beam is a separate bulb so I have leds in them, making them perfect for flashing if needed during the day.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
          X