Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia Sri nav 4x4 turbo

Insignia Sri nav 4x4 2.0 turbo
    Hello guys I’m off to possibly buy an 09 plate 4x4 2.0 turbo on Saturday this will be my first insignia. I am after any advice whatsoever I can get in this engine and model as I can’t seem to find out anything anywhere. The car has 67000 and a full vaux history, it had a new service yesterday by the dealer and I asked that they change the oil in the 4x4 system which they assured me they were doing. I really want to buy this car as I have always really liked them and I thought I’d ignore all the negative reviews and just go get one and decide for myself. Thanks in advance for any help. I know it’s not a vxr but unable to get any info anywhere else.

Hi, you've already posted in another section on the forum so please do not post duplicates as it causes unecessary clutter.

The Haldex is a known problem area on these cars and is extremely costly to repair. Do you know how to check if the Haldex is on its way out?
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Hi mate that is the one thing I was worried about I plan on taking out a warranty and asked the garage to service the Haldex which they said they have but I do not kno what to look out for if it’s on it’s way out no. Don’t they have a service rear axle light that comes on if there is a problem? Thanks again.

Comment

Put the car on full lock and drive slowly in 1st and reverse and listen for any noises or if theres signs of crabbing. Good luck
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Ok cheers. Is it really common with them then because I kno a lot of other cars use the same system? Do you think it’s worth the risk? Also isn’t it included in the service scheduled?

Comment

Very common on the early cars including the VXR but the system was modified after 2012. Search the VXR foruns for more info. If you have a comprehensive warranty that covers it then you should be okay but it is a risk. The cost of repalcing the Haldex system is upwards of £3.5k. As far as I know it wasn't included on the Vauxhall service schedule. If I were you i'd do some more research into the potential pitfalls. Another potential costly maintenance item would be stretched timing chains on the 2.0 turbo

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
              Hi, you've already posted in another section on the forum so please do not post duplicates as it causes unecessary clutter.
              I should imagine he was getting pretty desperate for replies due to him going to view one on Saturday. We can always tidy up the forum after he gets some help and knowledge to take with him.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys and yes I am trying to get as much info as I can before I buy it because as of now I can still walk away from the car but I have to drive 100 miles to see it. Really want to buy it, it’s had a new mot today with no advisory’s but they rang and said they are waiting on a sensor that might have to come from Germany. The Haldex is my only real concern the warranty will cover the cost of the car they said so that’s a good thing. I am lucky that I’m friends with a good mechanic who looks after me and a fleet of vans from work, if I was to bring this car home is there anything I can do to the Haldex to reduce risk of problems in the future? Thanks again . And sorry for cluttering up the site .

Comment

You could upgrade the Haldex. Have a look here: http://www.thorney.ms/insignia-vxr-haldex-upgrade.html

Comment

Thanks mate I did read that before I joined the site. Think the best thing to do is just go and drive it and see what it’s like. They assure me the warranty will cover it should I get any probs and it will be going straight to my mechanic for a once over anyway. Thanks for the help guys just hope all is good when I get there. Seems to be a pretty rare one as finding info on it has been a nightmare. And going back to before would I get a warning light if I was to run into trouble with it? Also how would I check for chain stretch? Would it be knocking? Thanks for letting me pick your brains guys.

Comment

For the Haldex you would usually get a message like "service rear axle" or similar. For stretched timing chains you would probably have to run a diagnostic scan if no eror messages displayed. Take it for a good run from cold to warnmed up and give it good hard acceleration through the gears to see if there is any hesitation or if it throws an error message. Oh, and don't expect good MPG because they are thirsty beasts, I'd say low 20's around town. Good luck.

Comment

Cheers mate I don’t care about mpg as long as I got a smile on my face when I’m driving it. I’ll get it plugged in as soon as I bring it home. They must have done a diag when they did the mot today mind as they have said the car needs a sensor. Suppose it’s good it’s getting done before I buy it. Do you kno what they are like to drive power wise etc?

Comment

Never driven one sorry. Mine is the 2wd version with the 250ps engine and power delivery is smooth and linear with tons of torque

Comment

Nice. Seems like no one has owned one by the look of it feel a bit gutted tbh might just go for a 2wd one to be on the safe side. Thanks for your help anyway mate.

Comment

I have a 4x4 tourer 64 plate it currently has 43000miles on the clock , at 39000 the pump in my car failed luckily this was covered under warranty as the car was just under the 3years ( it had about three weeks left of VX Warranty so I was really lucky )
                              My car has been serviced by main dealer but they never looked at the Haldex it turns out they should have changed the oil in the Haldex at least once , if the oil is not changed at specified times it can cause the pump to fail , which is what happened to mine .
                              Regarding the error/warning if you get this up on the dash you are probably too late to stop , this is what happened to mine .
                              I can’t remember what the recommended service interval is for the Haldex I think it maybe 20000 miles to change oil and at the next 20000 it is oil and filter . I love the car but as soon as I can I will get rid and go back to a 2wd I don’t want the thought of the unit failing I have warranty on it but don’t want the doubt

Comment

Working...
                              X