Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum Key Rings
    Will do thanks. Have you ever owned one mate?

Anorak

Car
    Elite 2.8T V6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapz View Post
    Will do thanks. Have you ever owned one mate?
    Yes.
    Own one currently (2.8 with the 4wd).

See my comments in your other topic in the General Chat section:
    https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...672#post275672

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an update the garage has rang and said it had a service suspension light on and that they are waiting for a sensor. Do you think that this could have anything to do with the 4x4 system? Iím really thinking about just walking away from this car atm tbh.

Car
    Elite Turbo Hatch Manual with all the toys and more
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This could be an issue to do with the Flexride which adjusts the damping on the suspension according to driving conditions / or what button in pressed on the dash i.e. Sport or Tour. The car has several sensors and one of them may be faulty. 2000rpm has recently replaced such a sensor recently due to a wiring fault iirc.
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Anorak

Car
    Elite 2.8T V6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0011728 View Post
    This could be an issue to do with the Flexride which adjusts the damping on the suspension according to driving conditions / or what button in pressed on the dash i.e. Sport or Tour. The car has several sensors and one of them may be faulty. 2000rpm has recently replaced such a sensor recently due to a wiring fault iirc.
    It wasn't me but I can remember someone (might have been @buttons ) had a fault with their Flexride. I think his car might have done 150k or more and has suffered from a number of issues perhaps due to mileage.
    I agree that 'service suspension' probably isn't related to 'service 4wd' or 'service rear axle'.

Car
    July 2012 Vauxhall BiTurbo Import from UK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
    It wasn't me but I can remember someone (might have been @buttons ) had a fault with their Flexride. I think his car might have done 150k or more and has suffered from a number of issues perhaps due to mileage.
    I agree that 'service suspension' probably isn't related to 'service 4wd' or 'service rear axle'.
    It was I. The off side wiring loom from the shock to the connection near the fuel filler via the trailing arm broke. There's 2 wires in it both went within a few months of each other. The routing on this side is not as neat/fluid as nearside which probably contributed to fault. Simple to check continuity as there's a connector plug either end. Had 2 years of fairly trouble free motoring but have a bit of work done lately including oil pick up seal, new DMF/Clutch kit, new radiator (this had a very minor leak since I got the car but due to me loosing a screw between the rad and the fan housing a new big hole developed) The latest is nearside rear shock is fubar. €450 FOR ONE. Not a pair. And not possible to get even from ZF Sachs direct - or I cant find one. I could ditch flexride but am not going to. I bought this car as it was speced with what I wanted, and one of those was Flexride. I remain positive though its trying my finances.

Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    It was I. The off side wiring loom from the shock to the connection near the fuel filler via the trailing arm broke. There's 2 wires in it both went within a few months of each other. The routing on this side is not as neat/fluid as nearside which probably contributed to fault. Simple to check continuity as there's a connector plug either end. Had 2 years of fairly trouble free motoring but have a bit of work done lately including oil pick up seal, new DMF/Clutch kit, new radiator (this had a very minor leak since I got the car but due to me loosing a screw between the rad and the fan housing a new big hole developed) The latest is nearside rear shock is fubar. €450 FOR ONE. Not a pair. And not possible to get even from ZF Sachs direct - or I cant find one. I could ditch flexride but am not going to. I bought this car as it was speced with what I wanted, and one of those was Flexride. I remain positive though its trying my finances.
    I should correct, the loom and wiring looked perfectly OK but there was a break in the internal copper wiring, only detectable by testing.

Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapz View Post
    Just an update the garage has rang and said it had a service suspension light on and that they are waiting for a sensor. Do you think that this could have anything to do with the 4x4 system? I’m really thinking about just walking away from this car atm tbh.
    There's only the 4 shocks and 5 accelerometers, one on each front shock, one on each front suspension mount, and one over the rear axle in the boot, plus the control unit behind the rear nearside wheel-arch in the boot. Interesting to ask which 'sensor' they replaced? Sounds like a shot in the dark to me. Let me know if you need further info

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3