No announcement yet.

Insignia Sri nav 4x4 turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi thanks for the info I thought the issue would of been resolved in the newer models but obviously it’s still a problem or maybe just bad luck. I can’t understand it myself as I kno they use this system in a lot of other cars too. The garage has said they have serviced it and it seems fine but it’s always going to be a worry I suppose. It’s hard to find a good review on any car these days .

Comment

As I said I love the car the 4x4 works well on the road and it corners really well , I have no reason to try it off road but looking on YouTube there are some Country tourers ( which mine is ) in some pretty muddy situations and they seem to do ok

It has been said many times on these types of forum most people only join because they have problems which makes the car look bad

Comment

Yes exactly mate maybe I’ll post up some positive reviews if all goes well when I go and see it. No car is without its problems I kno, maybe I just research things too much. Taking out the warranty will give me peace of mind I suppose but as you know it’s still a ball ache when somthing goes wrong.

Comment

That being said they can’t all be bad, be nice to kno that at least a few people have run them with no issues at least.

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
            Put the car on full lock and drive slowly in 1st and reverse and listen for any noises or if theres signs of crabbing. Good luck
            Also try full lock and drive forwards followed by turning steering to full lock the other side and drive backwards.

Comment

Will do thanks. Have you ever owned one mate?

Comment

Originally posted by Rapz View Post
                Will do thanks. Have you ever owned one mate?
                Yes.
                Own one currently (2.8 with the 4wd).

See my comments in your other topic in the General Chat section:

Comment

Just an update the garage has rang and said it had a service suspension light on and that they are waiting for a sensor. Do you think that this could have anything to do with the 4x4 system? I’m really thinking about just walking away from this car atm tbh.

Comment

This could be an issue to do with the Flexride which adjusts the damping on the suspension according to driving conditions / or what button in pressed on the dash i.e. Sport or Tour. The car has several sensors and one of them may be faulty. 2000rpm has recently replaced such a sensor recently due to a wiring fault iirc.
                    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                      This could be an issue to do with the Flexride which adjusts the damping on the suspension according to driving conditions / or what button in pressed on the dash i.e. Sport or Tour. The car has several sensors and one of them may be faulty. 2000rpm has recently replaced such a sensor recently due to a wiring fault iirc.
                      It wasn't me but I can remember someone (might have been Guest) had a fault with their Flexride. I think his car might have done 150k or more and has suffered from a number of issues perhaps due to mileage.
                      I agree that 'service suspension' probably isn't related to 'service 4wd' or 'service rear axle'.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
                        It wasn't me but I can remember someone (might have been Guest) had a fault with their Flexride. I think his car might have done 150k or more and has suffered from a number of issues perhaps due to mileage.
                        I agree that 'service suspension' probably isn't related to 'service 4wd' or 'service rear axle'.
                        It was I. The off side wiring loom from the shock to the connection near the fuel filler via the trailing arm broke. There's 2 wires in it both went within a few months of each other. The routing on this side is not as neat/fluid as nearside which probably contributed to fault. Simple to check continuity as there's a connector plug either end. Had 2 years of fairly trouble free motoring but have a bit of work done lately including oil pick up seal, new DMF/Clutch kit, new radiator (this had a very minor leak since I got the car but due to me loosing a screw between the rad and the fan housing a new big hole developed) The latest is nearside rear shock is fubar. €450 FOR ONE. Not a pair. And not possible to get even from ZF Sachs direct - or I cant find one. I could ditch flexride but am not going to. I bought this car as it was speced with what I wanted, and one of those was Flexride. I remain positive though its trying my finances.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                          It was I. The off side wiring loom from the shock to the connection near the fuel filler via the trailing arm broke. There's 2 wires in it both went within a few months of each other. The routing on this side is not as neat/fluid as nearside which probably contributed to fault. Simple to check continuity as there's a connector plug either end. Had 2 years of fairly trouble free motoring but have a bit of work done lately including oil pick up seal, new DMF/Clutch kit, new radiator (this had a very minor leak since I got the car but due to me loosing a screw between the rad and the fan housing a new big hole developed) The latest is nearside rear shock is fubar. €450 FOR ONE. Not a pair. And not possible to get even from ZF Sachs direct - or I cant find one. I could ditch flexride but am not going to. I bought this car as it was speced with what I wanted, and one of those was Flexride. I remain positive though its trying my finances.
                          I should correct, the loom and wiring looked perfectly OK but there was a break in the internal copper wiring, only detectable by testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapz View Post
                            Just an update the garage has rang and said it had a service suspension light on and that they are waiting for a sensor. Do you think that this could have anything to do with the 4x4 system? I’m really thinking about just walking away from this car atm tbh.
                            There's only the 4 shocks and 5 accelerometers, one on each front shock, one on each front suspension mount, and one over the rear axle in the boot, plus the control unit behind the rear nearside wheel-arch in the boot. Interesting to ask which 'sensor' they replaced? Sounds like a shot in the dark to me. Let me know if you need further info

Comment

Working...
                            X