Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in tail light

Hi guys,

I noticed for a little while my rear tail light on the drivers side has been filling up with water. I popped it out today and one of the screws that hold the bulb assembly to the light wasn't screwed home. Could that simply be why the water has seeped inside the tail light. I dried it all out and I'll need to replace the indicator bulb as the orange coating was lifted and floating in the water. How it's not shorted anything out I don't know. Has anyone experienced their lights filling up?

Water in the boots a pain as it is but to be inside the light.

If the screws are not tight enough, then there is no seal to stop any water ingress.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

True �� Hopefully sorted now.

Comment

Often it's the sealant between the lens and lamp unit but hope tightening the screw works for you.
        sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Originally posted by Minuteman View Post
          Often it's the sealant between the lens and lamp unit but hope tightening the screw works for you.
          Cheers, all buttoned up for now, I'll keep an eye on it.

Comment

Working...
          X