Heated washers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heated washers

Can anyone tell me if all insignias have this? Or would it be an optional extra from new.
    Thanks

Was thinking the same this morning when trying to clear my windscreen and nothing was coming out

Comment

Yes it's a pest, especially when nothing is coming out but the wipers keep on wiping smearing the salt etc over the windscreen. I thought I'd topped up the washer bottle with ample screen wash so it wouldn't freeze. But if the insignia is meant to have heated bottles or jets as standard then mine must be broken.

Comment

Not available for the Insignia. It was a feature when first launched the pre-facelift but soon dropped
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by Woody View Post
          Yes it's a pest, especially when nothing is coming out but the wipers keep on wiping smearing the salt etc over the windscreen. I thought I'd topped up the washer bottle with ample screen wash so it wouldn't freeze. But if the insignia is meant to have heated bottles or jets as standard then mine must be broken.
          You can get an add on, search heatshot on eBay

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
            You can get an add on, search heatshot on eBay
            Ah, okay I'll have a look, thanks.

Comment

Am I right that this is just a water heater before the jets? The Rover 75 / MG ZT had an option of heated jets. Without heated jets then the jets can freeze.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                Am I right that this is just a water heater before the jets? The Rover 75 / MG ZT had an option of heated jets. Without heated jets then the jets can freeze.
                I’d have to say yes

Comment

Am I missing something with the likes of these heated jets?

Surely if your wipers are frozen to the windscreen, then when you operate the heated washers, the wipers are still going to try and move and either wreck the blades or send the mechanism into self-destruct?

Comment

Yes puppet thats about the size of it

Comment

Originally posted by Neal_1974 View Post
                      Yes puppet thats about the size of it
                      Yup, thought so. It make you cringe soooo much if you mistakenly try and use the wipers before they've thawed out enough to unstick from the windscreen.

Comment

Looking at the hot shot it sort of makes sense but if the nozzles are frozen how will the water be able to be pumped , the pump will be dead headed and the water won’t get to the nozzle so it won’t clear . All it will do is heat the water in the unit !?

Comment

I think that's the reason it was soon dropped after launch
                          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by puppet View Post
                            Yup, thought so. It make you cringe soooo much if you mistakenly try and use the wipers before they've thawed out enough to unstick from the windscreen.
                            It’s annoying your wipers do a sweep if you like it or not when icy [emoji15]

Comment

My Mondeo had heated washers but if it was cold the water iced up on the window so as good as they sound, they can be pretty dangerous. I can confirm the Insignia B doesn't have them either. One thing they should have done though is made the wipers not wipe when you try to activate the washer if no water comes out. All you get with no water is heavy smearing....equally as dangerous imo.
                              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
                              X