No announcement yet.

AFL + auto higheam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the AFL. Find the auto high beam assist too slow and unintelligent. Never have it on. And absolutely hate the fact that each time you use manual high beam within a couple of secs it switches the auto back on. Grrrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
      Love the AFL. Find the auto high beam assist too slow and unintelligent. Never have it on. And absolutely hate the fact that each time you use manual high beam within a couple of secs it switches the auto back on. Grrrrr.
      Hi Buttons [emoji846] always left mine in high beam assist without issue (99% of the time) although that could just be the roads around where i live better suited the system. Completely agree with you about it switching off if you flashed someone as being somewhat annoying, the gs now has a button on the stalk making it easier than the double push on the facelift, also that annoying deactivation if you flash doesn’t occur in the new version. All in all i loved the afl’s they’re great lights although even more impressed with the intellilux matrix lights as they remove the few niggles of afl’s whilst being brighter, whiter and more intelligent at the same time [emoji106] but would i pay £1100 extra for them on an SRI or lower spec model i’m not sure that seems steep to me £!! For me though as i had the elite before I purchased the elite spec again as i wanted the toys as standard and think they’re awesome, probably not so good if you buy a gs second hand in 4-6 years time as each light per front corner is a grand to replace meaning a minor front end bump could right the car off which isn’t cool [emoji52]

Comment

I've being playing around more with the high beam assist as of late. I feel part of the issue might have being me being to "sensitive" to upsetting other drivers.

It has being switching off in pretty much all instances. It isn't as responsive as I would like but it does the job. It really depends on the other cars headlights and rear light. Ie it's switches off with plenty of time with other xenon lights and truck lights for some reason. It's certainly worse with poorly aligned halogen. Ie pointing low.

Same with rear lights from cars in front. It picks up modern led rear lights easily but when it comes to that 2001 Vauxhall Corsa it won't pick it up untill I've probably already blinded then

Has caught me out once to being hilly. The opposite car flashed me which my car detected which then switched off. As soon as the other car stoped flashing my car high beam flicked back on then off. Ha must have thought I flashed him.

Comment

I would leave it on.
          Is like having a nice sports car at home but not drive it.

Comment

The high beam assist works great on the Insignia b. Reads very well even when car lights coming toward you aren't that bright it dips in plenty of time. No issues when coming up on a preceeding car either. Also it doesn't turn off when reflecting off any road signs. It's been spot on. By the look of it they're using better softwear/hardware.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
              The high beam assist works great on the Insignia b. Reads very well even when car lights coming toward you aren't that bright it dips in plenty of time. No issues when coming up on a preceeding car either. Also it doesn't turn off when reflecting off any road signs. It's been spot on. By the look of it they're using better softwear/hardware.
              Yes totally agree, its bob on now and reacts instantly.

Comment

Working...
              X