Grand Sport with R4.0 IntelliLink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Sport with R4.0 IntelliLink?

Hello all, hoping for some guidance help?
    I have to choose a new company car which is great and I can choose a Grand Sport Design as standard. This comes with an R4.0 IntelliLink touchscreen system i think and what i want to know is if anyone has this and uses the Map function from an Android phone?

I currently have a 2015 model Insignia Design Nav and the built in NAV has been brilliant but am wondering if the Android mapping via the R4.0 IntelliLink will be sufficient enough and robust enough for everyday use? Or should I pay extra and get the Design Nav model?

Any thoughts?

Cheers all
    Steve

Originally posted by draggon View Post
    Hello all, hoping for some guidance help?
    I have to choose a new company car which is great and I can choose a Grand Sport Design as standard. This comes with an R4.0 IntelliLink touchscreen system i think and what i want to know is if anyone has this and uses the Map function from an Android phone?

I currently have a 2015 model Insignia Design Nav and the built in NAV has been brilliant but am wondering if the Android mapping via the R4.0 IntelliLink will be sufficient enough and robust enough for everyday use? Or should I pay extra and get the Design Nav model?

Any thoughts?

Cheers all
    Steve
    I've used it on my 63 plate. I'm assuming you're talking about android auto. It just mirrors the maps from your phone I've had no issues so far.

Comment

I've got the NAVI 900 INTELLILINK in my Grand Sport and have to say the built in sat nav is great, way better than the old CD500 with Robotic voice. That voice used to drive me nuts
      sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
        I've used it on my 63 plate. I'm assuming you're talking about android auto. It just mirrors the maps from your phone I've had no issues so far.

Thanks Lewish, I think I have similar system now on my 15 plate siggy, nav is good but I use the built in nav not my android link.

The new Siggys have
        R4.0 IntelliLink touchscreen infotainment system but i cannot find anything on the R4.0

Comment

Yeah the built in nav on mine is very good and dont think has ever failed, was just wondering if the R4.0 which has the ability to use Android Drive (or whatever its called) would b e just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by draggon View Post
            Thanks Lewish, I think I have similar system now on my 15 plate siggy, nav is good but I use the built in nav not my android link.

The new Siggys have
            R4.0 IntelliLink touchscreen infotainment system but i cannot find anything on the R4.0
            i think you just connect your phone via USB and press android auto then it connects to your phone.

Comment

I've got the Navi 900 in mine and find it very good but in my previous insignia I used Google maps on my phone which was great but you had to keep the music low to hear the voice directions. Built in nav voice speaks over the music so you don't miss any directions (as you'll know from your current car).

I've had a play with the android auto in this car but find it a pain having to remember to connect the phone via USB cable. If you've got the option to get built in nav, I'd get it. You can just jump in the car without needing to remember to connect.

Android auto and apple car play would have been so much more usable if they worked via Bluetooth like the rest of the phone's features rather than having to connect the usb cable.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                I've got the Navi 900 in mine and find it very good but in my previous insignia I used Google maps on my phone which was great but you had to keep the music low to hear the voice directions. Built in nav voice speaks over the music so you don't miss any directions (as you'll know from your current car).

I've had a play with the android auto in this car but find it a pain having to remember to connect the phone via USB cable. If you've got the option to get built in nav, I'd get it. You can just jump in the car without needing to remember to connect.

Android auto and apple car play would have been so much more usable if they worked via Bluetooth like the rest of the phone's features rather than having to connect the usb cable.
                Thanks for the info, I think I was leaning myself into getting the Design NAV......I use sat nav daily as I am somewhere different every day and even though the Android Auto is good I just need it to be easy.

Thanks all
                Steve

Comment

If you're using it daily then I'd deffo go for the nav.
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I’ve just gone for the sri rather than sri nav on our new one. I’ve got an iPhone so will have their car play rather than android auto but used it on a corsa hire car we had and it worked really well with Apple maps. It’s basically just like having a normal Sat nav system not using your phone in a cradle but just uses either Apple or Google maps to do it so no updating as time goes on etc. Means you will get integration to other things on the phone like it picking up appointments from your calendar and giving you the directions etc.

Comment

I see Vauxhall's new Grandad comes with free nav updates
                      sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Android Auto works fine on my 18-plate Design. One thing to be aware of is that on some phones (including Samsung) make sure you use the USB cable that came with the phone. Other ones may not work with Android Auto. USB Audio using an HDD or USB sticks/cards or MP3 players woks just fine.

Comment

I would personally go with Google maps and Android auto over the inbuilt sat Nav.

Google maps is constantly updating with the latest up to date maps while my insignia which was built in 2014 is still using maps for 2014.

Comment

I’m using CarPlay with my iPhone in my new Sri Tourer and it’s really good with the apple maps. I use the calendar on my phone a lot so if you add the location to the calendar entry when you plug the phone in it automatically asks if you want directions to that place if it’s within a certain time. Also the iPhone has a feature that remembers if you go to certain places a lot at certain times so tries to preempt you wanting directions to that place which you can accept or clear. The map also gives you traffic info showing orange and red lines for traffic hold ups or will offer to redirect you if need be. I’ve also got favourite destinations stored on the map app which are quickly accessible. You can also use Siri to ask for directions to somewhere and it will do it’s best to give them to you. All in all it’s miles better than my old CD500 system. You just need to make sure you have a signal on your phone for it to sort the directions but there’s always the back up of the on star Wi-fi point if you’ve got a data set up.

Car play is also really good for access to phone, messages, music on your phone plus I have it setup to allow me to see my podcasts via overcast app, amazon music and WhatsApp. For messages it will read the message to you and you can dictate a reply. My other half likes it so much in the siggy she wants to replace her Astra just so she’s got it!!

Comment

Working...
                            X