Just fitted LED's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just fitted LED's

Just fitted LED headlamp bulbs - easy enough, although due to the little driver board and wire I had to leave the dust shields off. I will drill a hole in them this weekend and put them back on but think they should be OK for a few days, or maybe I should leave them off to allow air round the heat sink?????

The way the weather is I'd get the caps on asap,don't get water in them whatever happens
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

They are supposed to be waterproof..... But I get your point, will get a hole drilled before I go to pick my boy up in an hour

Comment

One of the led drls has gone off in my AFL headlight for same thing,,water damage
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
          One of the led drls has gone off in my AFL headlight for same thing,,water damage
          Managed to get the dust caps back on without modding, just stuffed the wires inside as they were before and it went back on. Can’t wait to take it out a run in a while and see how it looks as the old lights were rubbish!

Comment

Anybody know what the fog bulbs are on a 15 plate insignia? They are next on the list!

Comment

Originally posted by Blinky2134 View Post
              Anybody know what the fog bulbs are on a 15 plate insignia? They are next on the list!
              H10

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                H10

Thank You! Just been out and not convinced by the leds, the colour is better and they are bright but not sure I would say they are brighter than the old halogen ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Blinky2134 View Post
                  Thank You! Just been out and not convinced by the leds, the colour is better and they are bright but not sure I would say they are brighter than the old halogen ones.
                  I prefer my Halogens over the leds. I wouldn't mind but they seem to have a shadow and it annoys me haha.

I had hids in for a while but one of my ballasts have gone and I have more important things to do to the car first.

Comment

Just a bit worried about putting in his and either failing the mot or dazzling somebody, that was why I went with led.

Comment

Can I ask which LEDS you tried and were unhappy with? There are a lot of different ones out there and you need to be looking for as a high lumen output as you can for projector lights. The minimum you should be looking are 4000lm each bulb. For some reason, when they're advertised they're always shown with a combines output of both bulbs. I had them in my facelift and found them way better than halogens...Not quite as bright as HIDS but not far off. Mine were only 4000lm each bulb though.

One thing to remember is aftermarket LEDS will also fail the MOT from this year.
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

This is what I got - 2,000l each http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/exterio...en-4000-lumens
                        Where do you get 4,000l each bulb LED's, got a link?

Comment

Actually, Horizon LEDs are one of the few sellers who advertise lumens per bulb so the ones you have are 4000lm each bulb. If your not happy with the light output from those maybe try something like these https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F253330631545

I don't have any experience of the ones in the link. They caught my eye purely based on them being advertised as canbus error free and 12000 lumens (6000lm each bulb).
                          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I saw them last night but never really trust eBay LEDs as there are so many Chinese fakes or poor quality ones sold cheap. I'm asking for a refund and am going to debate HIDs.....

Comment

Yeah I get where you're coming from. It's easier to deal with uk based sellers too. Though you'll find most of those buy in from china then sell them on. One of the big sellers in china worth a look are Novsight (used to be called Nighteye) I've had bulbs from them and currently have a set of there 4500lm bulbs in my main beam on my Grand Sport. They're nice quality and very bright In my reflectors. I tried a set in my dipped beam but they're too bright for the dipped reflector lenses so I'm running HIDs made for reflectors.

I've searched Novsight's website but they don't appear to do 9012 bulbs any higher than 4000 lumens per bulb just yet (They do some other fittings as high as 8000lm per bulb) but if you're going to use HIDs it might be worth keeping an eye on their website for when they make 9012 bulbs with higher lumens.

This is their website https://www.novsights.com/ but you can also find them on Ebay and Amazon.

Comment

Working...
                              X