No announcement yet.

Sat Nav update / upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is I can't find a CD with the maps I need. And the unit is fully capable of playing a DVD. I have recorded mp3 files on a DVD and they play just fine.

Comment

I think I found out why it is not working, but this does not get me any closer to a solution.
      The problem is not in the medium - the drive can read CD and DVD.
      The problem is the update. Yes it does add all the functionality from DVD800, but does not change a flag that tells the system what cards to look for.

Comment

Cards?
        Originally posted by CyberTod View Post
        I think I found out why it is not working, but this does not get me any closer to a solution.
        The problem is not in the medium - the drive can read CD and DVD.
        The problem is the update. Yes it does add all the functionality from DVD800, but does not change a flag that tells the system what cards to look for.

Comment

I meant maps. Even though the files are essentially the same there is a flag that says - this disc is for CD500 or DVD800 ..
          And the update does not change this flag on CD500 so it continues to just looks for the maps for CD500.

Comment

I know it's a few years later but is there anywhere to download the new map or am I best off buying straight off Vauxhall or buying of ebay?

Comment

Hello Realfathead, better off buying from that well known auction site
              I know when I had an insignia I had a DVD800 and just brought an original disc off there .but just look,at the listing because I think the update disc run from model years and you have to buy the one with your chassis number in that year .i think it's the 10th digit
              As you can understand none of thease units will be as good as a stand alone sat nav unit .

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
              X