Sat Nav update / upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat Nav update / upgrade

Hey folks, I have a CD500 Nav in my 2011 siggy with the 2015 map pack on it. I was a member of a different forum (insignia-enthusiast) and there was a thread where someone who owned the latest disc sent it out to other forum members - all we had to do was send him some money (to cover postage) and then send it back to him once we had updated the map pack. Was cheaper than going out and buying the disc, and I think he made a few quid out of it to cover his initial purchase.

I'm going to be moving to Peterborough in the summer, while I doubt there will be too many new roads that come across that aren't recognised, it would be nice to have the latest map pack installed. While having a look online I see that its possible to upgrade the CD500 to the DVD800, which as far as I can see only gives you the ability to change the theme and have the 3D map option. I understand that if you go down the route of upgrading it to the DVD800 you will therefore need the latest DVD800 map pack cd. Being a bit of a geek and gadget lover this is very appealing, not only that but it will also allow me to have a red theme to match my red interior lights.

So my question(s)

Does anyone have the latest "CD500 MY2011 Great Britain/Ireland - 2016/2017" disc, and would be willing to send it out so I can upgrade map pack and send back?

Does anyone have a CD/USB with the software to upgrade to the DVD800 that they would be willing to send me and ill send it back? - if not a link to where I can download it.

Does anyone have the latest "DVD800 MY2011 Europe - 2017/2018" disc, and would be willing to send it out so I can upgrade map pack and send back?

Id be more than happy to not only cover postage costs but even throw in a few quid for your help.

Apologies if there is a similar thread to this where I should've posted.

Cheers
    Mark

Well that idea went down like a lead balloon

Comment

Hi Pug, I did the sharing the update disc a couple of times on the "Dark side", it worked really well for me but the disc kept going missing so people were out of pocket.
      keep bumping the post maybe someone near you has an updated disc and you can meet up to upgrade
      sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

I'm looking to update mine as I got lost in the city centre recently with all the new roads and routes. I have been looking on the vauxhall nav site and they offer the latest disc for the cd500 at £79.99, mine is My 2011, Is this a good price and is it worth doing, as I have a Garmin sat nav with lifetime updates. Mind you, suppose its nice to use on board gadgets.. Can anybody assist me with this, or recommend any sat nav updates at a reasonable price..

Comment

I’ve the 2015 map pack and haven’t came across any missing roads yet. Moving to England in a few months so wouldn’t mind updating it to latest or upgrading software to the dvd800. Il prob have waze on mobile for backup anyway

Comment

Mine has original 2011 disc, had to do a reinstall yesterday, as I accidentally erased map data instead of history. I'm going to buy the latest CD from vauxhall nav at £80..

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
              I'm looking to update mine as I got lost in the city centre recently with all the new roads and routes. I have been looking on the vauxhall nav site and they offer the latest disc for the cd500 at £79.99, mine is My 2011, Is this a good price and is it worth doing, as I have a Garmin sat nav with lifetime updates. Mind you, suppose its nice to use on board gadgets.. Can anybody assist me with this, or recommend any sat nav updates at a reasonable price..
              I use Waze on my mobile, always up to date and has traffic built in, personally I wouldn’t bother spending anything updating it

Comment

Morning all, my question is, is the dvd800 disc compatible with the cd500. Still pondering as to whether I'm going to update or use my garmin. Certain sites are offering a 2071/18 disc at a reasonable price, and are advertised as dvd800 and cd500 compatible. But the box only says dvd800 only.. Do I buy it and risk it or will it work..

Comment

Morning all, my question is, is the dvd800 disc compatible with the cd500. Still pondering as to whether I'm going to update or use my garmin. Certain sites are offering a 2071/18 disc at a reasonable price, and are advertised as dvd800 and cd500 compatible. But the box only says dvd800 only.. Do I buy it and risk it or will it work..
                  Have you got a link for the software download?

Comment

Originally posted by Pug View Post
                    Have you got a link for the software download?
                    No, not too good with technology, what do I need to do

Comment

Would that be the software to install dvd800 update via USB then buy and install the disc.. Is the only difference the 3d option??

Comment

Would that be the software to install dvd800 update via USB then buy and install the disc.. Is the only difference the 3d option??
                        Yeah pretty much although I think the dvd 800 will come with UK and Europe maps

Comment

Originally posted by Pug View Post
                          Yeah pretty much although I think the dvd 800 will come with UK and Europe maps
                          Any ideas where if possible I can get the software to transfer to a USB, then install to the car. If not I'll just buy 2016/17 cd500 disc

Comment

I bought such 2018 dvd from ebay. Probably modded or something, because there is no such disc on the official site.
                            But I have a CD500 upgraded to DVD800 and the disc doesn't work.
                            Has anyone tested these discs ? What could be my problem :
                            - i haven't upgraded properly ? (i have 3d view)
                            - it is only for dvd800 and can't be used on software upgraded like me ?
                            - the particular disc that i bought has a problem ? (i can read it in my pc)
                            - these discs don't work at all, fake ?

And to tell my reason for buying from ebay - it's chepaer, it has newer maps.
                            Maybe if the difference was only cost I would have considered the original, but not when it is rather old and listed with poor coverage in my country.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberTod View Post
                              I bought such 2018 dvd from ebay. Probably modded or something, because there is no such disc on the official site.
                              But I have a CD500 upgraded to DVD800 and the disc doesn't work.
                              Has anyone tested these discs ? What could be my problem :
                              - i haven't upgraded properly ? (i have 3d view)
                              - it is only for dvd800 and can't be used on software upgraded like me ?
                              - the particular disc that i bought has a problem ? (i can read it in my pc)
                              - these discs don't work at all, fake ?

And to tell my reason for buying from ebay - it's chepaer, it has newer maps.
                              Maybe if the difference was only cost I would have considered the original, but not when it is rather old and listed with poor coverage in my country.
                              Think you still need to use a CD when installing new maps.

Comment

Working...
                              X