Wheel nut and caliper bolt torques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel nut and caliper bolt torques

A search has not revealed the answer....

Does anyone know the torque settings for the wheel nuts and caliper bolts on a 2015 ST 2.0 CDTi Elite?

Wheel nuts = tight.

Calliper bolts = ####ing tight.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Caliper bolts 28nm

Wheelnuts 150nm
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
        Caliper bolts 28nm

Wheelnuts 150nm
        Wish tyre centers and more especially Opel dealers knew this. When I had the sump oil seal done I thought my breaker bar was going to break trying to loosen wheel nuts to tighten them to the correct torque. No chance on the side of the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
          Wheel nuts = tight.

Calliper bolts = ####ing tight.
          Thank you for your unhelpful and dangerous reply.

Over-tightening nuts and bolts can be as dangerous as under tightening. Over tightening can cause fractures that lead to failure. The cause is unknown at the moment but a girl of 11 was killed in a village near me this week, the reason a wheel coming off of an LR Disco.

The other fun thing is trying to undo wheel bolts at the side of the road when, say, a tyre place uses a 'windy' gun to tighten them set to the torque required for an 18 wheeler especially the locking bolts where, by nature, the key is the weak link.

I will only use tyre places that check and use a torque wrench to tighten wheel bolts.

Edd Chian on Wheeler Dealers horrifies me the way he uses a 'windy' gun to refit wheels - give it all its got and a bit more.

Many thanks exclusiv for the answer.

Comment

Think someone is a little sensitive this morning.
            LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
              Think someone is a little sensitive this morning.
              Far from it, just replying to something that, in engineering terms and hence safety terms, is a definite no,no.

Comment

Paul,,I referenced a Haynes manual for these torque settings. A few months ago I also looked for the capacity of oil in the F40 box which says 2.2l which is wrong,,in fact the proper amount is 1.8l,so take the info at face value
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Hi,

Looking for caliper bolt torque settings, M14 x 45, for my Insignia B MY18 with 4 pot BREMBO. 345mm disc.

​​​​​​​Anyone know how to find?

Comment

Found it in Buick Regal Workshop Manual:

Front brake caliper bolt JQ5 (Brembo 345mm)

First Pass: 150 N.m. (111 lb.ft)
                    Final Pass: 15-30 degrees.

Comment

Working...
                    X