Clutch problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch problem

Hi I have an insignia Sports tourer SB 65 plate (motability) las night it broke down coming home bit of clutch slip and then no clutch just the smell of Ferodo burning so expect clutch has gone car has only done 16700 miles is this usual or unknown

Robbie

Hi sorry to say no one seems to have anything to say about this well a quick update it appears that the car is getting a new couch and flywheel clutch £350 flywheel about £280 thank god its covered by Motability as the police called local recovery agent who Charges exorbitant price because was in dangerous location even though On Star had already contacted RAC assist through Motability

Robbie

Comment

Originally posted by stefburgas View Post
      Hi sorry to say no one seems to have anything to say about this well a quick update it appears that the car is getting a new couch and flywheel clutch £350 flywheel about £280 thank god its covered by Motability as the police called local recovery agent who Charges exorbitant price because was in dangerous location even though On Star had already contacted RAC assist through Motability

Robbie
      I think everyone is in shock at a clutch going so soon, good luck with the repair the price seems quite reasonable

Comment

That isn't good the police calling out recovery when you already had recovery on the way. I'd have refused to use them. Is that going to be covered by motability too?
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

You cant refuse if it's in a dangerous location.
          Safety over money unfortunately...

Comment

Yeah I can understand it if the car was in the outside lane of the motorway or something similar but if it wasn't and there was recovery on the way the police should have assisted by parking behind with their lights on. I was once on the way home from Peterborough late at night in a minibus when it had a front blowout on an unlit part of the motorway right on a bend. I managed to pull onto the hard shoulder and walked back to an sos phone (before mobiles ) to call for recovery. The police saw the position we were in on the bend and did just that until recovery came.

I was bitten by the police using recovery for my son's stolen motorbike many years ago. They called to say they found it and were awaiting pick up and told us we can collect it from the local recovery centre in a few hours. The recovery place wouldn't release it until I paid £108. The joke is the bike was found closer to our house than where the recovery centre was.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

There aren't the numbers of police as there were before mobike phones to allow the same things to be done any more.
              I speak from experience, that when insurance companies use their own recovery, even when on their way, it can be several hours. Vs a local recovery of usually less than half an hour.
              Your sons motorbike should have been recovered forensically, which is why they are recovered rather than owners collecting them.
              Although it sounds like that didn't happen in your case.

Comment

Hi just an update for you all yes Motability covering all costs car needed slave cylinder flywheel and clutch total bill for clutch plus labour £1435 not counting what the recovery cost will be plus the cost of the hire car needed
                although with the mileage being just 16400 I imagine Motab will be trying to claim vauxhall for the cost
                Robbie

Comment

Originally posted by Jontwhale View Post
                  There aren't the numbers of police as there were before mobike phones to allow the same things to be done any more.
                  I speak from experience, that when insurance companies use their own recovery, even when on their way, it can be several hours. Vs a local recovery of usually less than half an hour.
                  Your sons motorbike should have been recovered forensically, which is why they are recovered rather than owners collecting them.
                  Although it sounds like that didn't happen in your case.
                  It was found with the lad sat on it so they already had the scallywag. Got off with a warning though because he wasn't one of the ones who nicked it off my son. It was taken 2 weeks prior at knifepoint by a group of older lads in their late teens early 20s.

Comment

Working...
                  X