Facelift elite mirror tilt question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facelift elite mirror tilt question

Got ghe 64plate FL elite ST biturbo and its been in to the dealers for some corrections one of which is the drivers door mirror wont tilt down in reverse even if selected in the vehicle settings. The passenger side does no problem.
    Dealer is telling me that some cars only tilt the passenger side.
    Cant see the point of that. Are they trying to pull some VX wool over my eyes?

Are bot suposed to angle down ?

If anyone can confirm that would be great

Drivers side doesn't tilt just the passenger side. It's for when you're reverse parking up to a kerb hence why you don't need it on the right hand side as we drive on the left
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

My old elite only ever did it on passenger side, in fact the option in the settings specifically mentioned passenger side mirror I think.

Comment

Ok thanks both most cars have both move in my rental experience but guess the dealer is right yhen.

Many thanks for the confirmation

Comment

Im sure both mine move on a MY59 Elite CDTI nav.....will check tomorrow .....

Comment

I rent a lot of cars in the US for work and they all have both drop if the feature is there. Also was sure my own 59 plate elite had both drop but would like to be certain befor I nag the dealer

Comment

64 Elite 2.0 passenger side only tilts in reverse.

Comment

Must be so then as thats three of you !

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrarep View Post
                  I rent a lot of cars in the US for work and they all have both drop if the feature is there. Also was sure my own 59 plate elite had both drop but would like to be certain befor I nag the dealer
                  We're not in the US we're in the UK. The cars you hired for work also had the steering wheel on the left hand side but it's on the correct side here.
                  Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Thanks for that and yes I know. I just happen to spend a lot of time over there with rental cars is all but am a brit living in britain with my insignia

Comment

Yes i can confirm my old 64 elite only dipped down on the passenger side

Comment

Ok thanks for the confirmation

Comment

Both my mirrors tilt in my 59 ...maybe because it was a fully specked model .And I am in the Uk .

Comment

My Elite only does n/s mirror.
                            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

my old fl 64 plate only did passenger side, the new gs does neither and i miss that feature although I suppose the rear view camera and self park make it slightly obsolete but would still have liked it.

Comment

Working...
                              X