Footrest fitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RBH View Post
    Thanks that looks alot better than mine.

Does the hi low feature actually work.

The one I have I don't think the low setting works I hooked it up to its aftermarket pads and it doesnt get warm still cold, only the hot setting work then again is not hot only warmish.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
      Thanks that looks alot better than mine.

Does the hi low feature actually work.

The one I have I don't think the low setting works I hooked it up to its aftermarket pads and it doesnt get warm still cold, only the hot setting work then again is not hot only warmish.
      its got 6 heat settings......ill let you know when I wire them at the weekend.
      turing the switch, you can feel it clicking in each setting....so fingers crossed

I know that when I hooked mine up in the Vectra, I also thought they weren't working...........until you actually sat on them.
      you could then feel the heat.....the green is low and the red is high.....
      my sons astra ones were the same....he got the set with the roller switch ( 2 in 1 switch
      ).

Comment

its got 6 heat settings......ill let you know when I wire them at the weekend.
        turing the switch, you can feel it clicking in each setting....so fingers crossed

I know that when I hooked mine up in the Vectra, I also thought they weren't working...........until you actually sat on them.
        you could then feel the heat.....the green is low and the red is high.....
        my sons astra ones were the same....he got the set with the roller switch ( 2 in 1 switch
        ).
        Looking forward to the results

Comment

Looking forward to the results
          So am i

Comment

RBH Any updates on your front heated seats?

Comment

RBH Any updates on your front heated seats?
              fronts are done and working perfectly.
              rears will be done with weekend.

Comment

fronts are done and working perfectly.
                rears will be done with weekend.
                Are you using the original seat pads? If so which wires did you tap into?

Comment

Are you using the original seat pads? If so which wires did you tap into?
                  nope.............original wiring had 4 wires.
                  they have a constant switched supply then a control line to vary the amount of heat and also a signal feedback line to acknowledge its been turned on.... So I don't believe that aftermarket on/off switches would work the OEM ones.

Comment

nope.............original wiring had 4 wires.
                    they have a constant switched supply then a control line to vary the amount of heat and also a signal feedback line to acknowledge its been turned on.... So I don't believe that aftermarket on/off switches would work the OEM ones.
                    Yeah i saw fronts there are 4 wires, and rear has 2 wires, just wondering if supplying voltage to them will heat them up and turning the heat dial up will increase their heat.

Comment

Yeah i saw fronts there are 4 wires, and rear has 2 wires, just wondering if supplying voltage to them will heat them up and turning the heat dial up will increase their heat.
                      I researched it loads and came up with a resounding NO

so I had to strip the seats and fit the aftermarket ones

Comment

I researched it loads and came up with a resounding NO

so I had to strip the seats and fit the aftermarket ones
                        Ok. So have you done the base and backrest was it easy to do.

Comment

Ok. So have you done the base and backrest was it easy to do.
                          As said yesterday, I stripped the front seats and fitted the aftermarket pads.

It was easy as had my old driver's seat to strip first, so I could experiment with that.

I've done it before on my vectra but was the rear seat.

Comment

As said yesterday, I stripped the front seats and fitted the aftermarket pads.

It was easy as had my old driver's seat to strip first, so I could experiment with that.

I've done it before on my vectra but was the rear seat.
                            Should do a how2

Comment

Should do a how2
                              I didn't take any pictures

Comment

Working...
                              X