additives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• additives

new member be gentle elite nav cdti ecoflex a20dth engine i've had a few diesels vectra mondeo my question is after 100k i always added molyslip/stp at frequent oil changes and added redex to tank every couple of months is this ok with this engine i'm thinking of dpf problems any opinions?
    Last edited by sriray; 12-03-2018, 10:54 AM. Reason: spelling errors

To be honest mate, Ive had ALOT of cars, additives only ever made a difference on old engines, and I mean classics (older than 80's) and not always in a positive way. Newer engines are not really worth putting this stuff in unless you have issues with build up or are using dodgy fuel you bought from sweaty daves caravan round the back of B&M. (But if you do, I'd perhaps trying it on yourself for disrespecting your car ) DISCALMER: DONT DO THIS.

All said and done, they shouldn't cause any issues but I wouldn't waste your time and money on them.

Comment

As above
      sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

ok thanks for your opinion mate didnt think anybody was talking to me i was a taxi driver for 19 yrs and ailways did my own maintenance high milage so changed oil and filters often and additives after 100k but realise todays engines have much higher tolerancies i was thinkinking same as you could be a waste of money cheers mate

Comment

No problem buddy. Yeah I was a wagon driver, had to keep on top of my own vehicles. Same thing nowadays they are just pointless.

Comment

dont no about you but ive noticed that with old age my hands have grown massive dont seem to fit in the engine bay anymore

Comment

Haha yeah now I lose the 13mm in my hand, or is that just my mind I've lost?

Comment

Additives are snake oil,,waste of good money
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

noticed your post on the new members according to other members yours could be a soft gearbox so i think before increasing power i would beservicing gearbox oil etc to try and make sure its top notch

Comment

Yeah im just gonna pick up an F40 gearbox and have it as a coffee table till mine turns to marbles.

Comment

Working...
                    X