Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Insignia 2.0ltr Diesel Ecoflex - Stalling & Handbrake light wont start

Hello all,

After just spending £1500 to get clutch and flywheel and timing belt all done, i was driving today and just put £10 deisel in. Car said 80miles in tank after this so carried on driving. All of sudden i noticed the dash light for the electronic parking brake (spanner with circle and a lightning symbol above) flick on and my actual fuel gauge dropped to empty even thoi almost at first notch and the dash then said fuel low and would not let me press clear. pulled over at my callout then got back in and 1 minute later the car lost power, stalled and would not start again.
    when put key in ignition i get this lightning symbol and car wont crank or start. windows wont go up or down.
    after a few times of putting key in and out i got message saying
    "open drivers window then close"
    i tried this but no power so key in and out few times eventually got power so i opened and closed drivers window it then said do same to passenger. car started and drove for 2 mins same think cuts out locks up no power steering and i have to keep foot on brake as on hill as electronic handbrake doesnt work? Managed to get it started and bakc to work so will have to hope get me home bout 9 miles.

Anybody got any idea? really dont want to chuck more money at it

At initially thoughts i am thinking the alternator playing up. But it sounds like it could be anything electronic, you need to get the code read.

Comment

Thing is as its intermittent will a code show up when this light shows up? Getting booked in tomorrow. Could this be caused by dodgy fuel at petrol station?

Comment

It might have the code saved. You have to let the garage look at it, nothing i heard of before.

Comment

It does sound power related, but after spending that much I would take it back and let them look at it first

Comment

Check battery connections,they may have disconnected it and not tightened them up enough.
            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Battery could need a good charge too. Low power in a battery on an Insignia can throw up all kinds of gremlins.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Well i was meant to take back to garage this morning but after a late night of googling it mentioned the battery just like you HOWY have mentioned. looked this morning and the back red earth/ground cable was loose. i tightened it up probly 1 half turn of wrench and tried it...... started fine. would this cause the car to stall just 1 cable being loose? thanks for all your help.

Comment

Yes, it would cause the engine to stall. Although the engine is combustion, the components around it are mainly electrical, so no electricity, no power to the components, no controllers for the engine, and it will just die.

Comment

Working...
                  X