DAB Radio Navi 900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAB Radio Navi 900

So I’ve never had a dab radio before but when trying to use it in the car it’s keeps dropping signal, which when I have checked I have good reception in my area and when I actually get signal the sound goes quiet like the volumes been turned down then goes back up and sometimes sounds like a speaker underwater, has anybody else experienced this

Unfortunately DAB can be like that, the signal's very prone to being blocked by buildings, trees, hills etc. Sadly not as good reception as FM.

The signal can also be affected by USB chargers that you may be using to charge your phone, dash cam or other tech you're trying to charge. If you do use such a charger, try unplugging it from the ciggy socket when you're in what would otherwise be a bad area that you've found, if you get a good DAB signal & no distortion, the charger is the culprit. I found this with 1 charger I have.

Other members may also point out that the problem your experiencing may be a fault with the DAB signal amplifier, where that is depends on your model.

Comment

I had the navi 900,and found the dab pretty poor,
      i could only get the bbc stations and they were a bit hit and miss.left it on fm.
      sigpic

Comment

Never had a problem in my fl, worked just fine in dab mode :/

Comment

Same with my old pre facelift, bar one dead spot in a bit where the road drops down into a bit of a valley on the way to Scarborough it was always fine.

Comment

Yeah it depends on the signal in different areas. I never had a problem with it around where I live in my facelift and no problems so far in this one.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
            X