Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indicator Out Of Sync Ticking

Hi,

Last night, I noticed that the ticking noise for my indicators were out of sync to what they normally are. This included when either the left, right or hazards were on and upon checking outside the car, all bulbs were working fine.
    I turned the car off and back on again, but it was still the same.

This morning however, all back to normal?!

Has anyone come across this issue before.

(Video attached to show you what it was doing)

Thanks

Hello, probably just a vx gremlin. Not seen it before. Does your music and radio play fine, any cutting out?

Comment

Yes, I had a very similar thing happen 3-4 months ago.

I noticed the "tick-tock" sounds of the indicator weren't consistent/at regular intervals as per usual.

Next day, back to normal, and never done it again since.

Just a glitch in the Matrix methinks...........

Comment

Talking about Gremlins.....I've noticed a couple of times that instead of usual tick tock sounds.....I've actually heard bleeping.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Comment

Sticky relay perhaps

Comment

Hmmm strange one. Must just be a temporary gremlin with the relay? All ok today!

Comment

Probably the Monday feeling yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                Probably the Monday feeling yesterday
                Yeah most prob mate!!

Comment

Yup, I get this every now & then, sometimes with the front & rear parking sensors not working, which can be a pain. Seemed to coincide with me fitting the SinoSmart screen, but may just be a coincidence. I found it either rectified itself or you have to disconnect & reconnect the battery, length of disconnection irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by kentishbloke View Post
                    Yup, I get this every now & then, sometimes with the front & rear parking sensors not working, which can be a pain. Seemed to coincide with me fitting the SinoSmart screen, but may just be a coincidence. I found it either rectified itself or you have to disconnect & reconnect the battery, length of disconnection irrelevant.
                    The indicators and parking sensors and chimes all go through the car audio system. So it would affect it, when it doesnt play any noises, does the music play

Comment

Indicator Out Of Sync Ticking

Hello, probably just a vx gremlin. Not seen it before. Does your music and radio play fine, any cutting out?
                      Ok this is odd, why did you ask about music/radio?? This morning when I started my car I was treated with silence the stereo was blank and I couldn’t turn it on, it decided to work about 5 minutes later

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
                        Ok this is odd, why did you ask about music/radio?? This morning when I started my car I was treated with silence the stereo was blank and I couldn’t turn it on, it decided to work about 5 minutes later
                        Everything chime, indicator tone, music goes through the stereo and then into the speakers, if your unit is faulty then it would cause sound issues. Do you have the original vx system

Comment

Everything chime, indicator tone, music goes through the stereo and then into the speakers, if your unit is faulty then it would cause sound issues. Do you have the original vx system
                          Yes mate, all standard and it’s all working again

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
                            Yes mate, all standard and it’s all working again
                            Ok. Be a vx gremlin. Next time it happens disconnect the neg lead of the battery and leave it for 30 mins and reconnect this will clear out some bugs.

Comment

Used to happen frequently on mine. Couldn't really put my finger on why it happened but it would be fine next time I used the car

Comment

Working...
                              X