No announcement yet.

Closest to the claimed mpg!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mines down at 28.4mpg atm but that's all very short trips and letting it warm up to defrost while we had the bad weather. Not got a pic from inside the car because I don't get it back until the morning from the repairers but here's a pic from the app.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
      Hi all.

Firstly I've owned this car for over a month and a half. I do mostly motorway driving and covered close to 2k worth of milage.

I try my best to drive as eco as possible and generally get between 58 - 62 mpg.

I decided to put to test the Vauxhall claim of 76.2 mpg and over a 40.6 mile journey I ended up with this.

Rather proud of myself for this ha.
      I found I get 70-80 MPG according to the trip computer with cruise control @ 72mph (70mph GPS) in in 5th gear not 6th.
      It makes sense though, on flats and upwards inclines its less stress on the engine to keep a steady speed.
      So basicly it seem more efficient to travel around 500 rpm higher in 5th gear rather than the engine to work harder at lower rpm in 6th gear.
      63 Plate (2014 Model) [B]Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CD[COLOR="#FF0000"]Ti[/COLOR] [140] [COLOR="#008000"]eco[/COLOR]FLEX Tech Line[/B]

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
        For a 2 litre. I would expect more punch but it seems to be lacking especially in the higher gears. Though I guess that's the pay off for economy.

Being having a noise at a remap but I guess this isn't the thread for that.
        How many miles you done?

I'd say put it in for an engine carbon clean. It could help with engine noise, performance and fuel economy.
        63 Plate (2014 Model) [B]Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CD[COLOR="#FF0000"]Ti[/COLOR] [140] [COLOR="#008000"]eco[/COLOR]FLEX Tech Line[/B]

Comment

Hmm that 5th Vs 6th gear argument makes some sense. In work at the moment finish at 4am. Il give it a go and see how it compares to my drive in.

The car itself has done 50k. I had my old car terracleaned and tbh I didn't any difference and that was on a 100k Passat. I feel that it's just a fancy Italian tune up.

Comment

Jesus on a bike. The Manufactures figures are makey upey type things. They do not reflect real world driving. Get a grip. Even the revised calculation methods dont reflect this.

Comment

Working...
            X