Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closest to the claimed mpg!

Hi all.

Firstly I've owned this car for over a month and a half. I do mostly motorway driving and covered close to 2k worth of milage.

I try my best to drive as eco as possible and generally get between 58 - 62 mpg.

I decided to put to test the Vauxhall claim of 76.2 mpg and over a 40.6 mile journey I ended up with this.

Rather proud of myself for this ha.

That's good going! Well done bud haha

Comment

Was you driving like a 108 year old granny in a Micra????

Comment

Surprisingly not. 70 mph with a clear run from Liverpool to ramsbottom (bury). Mostly motorway and some town stuff.

I have a steady right foot. Although from the lights I was extra careful Micra style ha

Comment

That's good. Is yours the ecoflex model with free ved

Comment

Yeah it is. Very economical when you drive like the car likes to drive. Shane that's like a daisy with a very light and steady foot.

The Cruise control would bring this down to the low 60s if I used it.

Comment

I be very happy with those figures, and the car is not slow?

I get half that.

Comment

Try with cruise control set at 66mph,,thats optimum speed for my car, can nearly get 60mpg on long run
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Yes, but the only way to get true fuel consumption is by taking the fuel needed to top the tank up and divide that in to the mileage.

At the weekend a long trip and got these figures:

423.9 miles, fuel to fill tank 48.11 litres. This calculates to 40 miles per gallon. Vehicle claimed 45 miles per gallon.
                  476.8 miles, fuel to fill tank 54.45 litres. This calculates to 39.75 miles per gallon. Vehicle claimed 43.7 miles per gallon.

Whenever I do this the vehicle is always optimistic about the consumption.....wonder how many cars give a lower vehicle figure than actual!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                    Yes, but the only way to get true fuel consumption is by taking the fuel needed to top the tank up and divide that in to the mileage.

At the weekend a long trip and got these figures:

423.9 miles, fuel to fill tank 48.11 litres. This calculates to 40 miles per gallon. Vehicle claimed 45 miles per gallon.
                    476.8 miles, fuel to fill tank 54.45 litres. This calculates to 39.75 miles per gallon. Vehicle claimed 43.7 miles per gallon.

Whenever I do this the vehicle is always optimistic about the consumption.....wonder how many cars give a lower vehicle figure than actual!!!!

With my old VW Passat the estimated that the readings of the onboard computer were 10 percent over real life.

I can imagine that's the majority are off by some degree to make the car itself more appealing.

Although I do feel that it gives a good indication of how the car has being driven.

These figures are by no means my day to day mpg. In fact I normally get around 60 avarage. Yesterday was a very smooth drive without any hold ups. At the moment my mpg is around 67mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post

I get half that.
                      When people post trip computer readings it's often because the figure is surprisingly good or surprisingly bad and often the result of an unusual set of circumstances.

Today would be a great day to achieve remarkable mpg figures in my area because there's a strong South-Westerly wind that could be used to push the car along.
                      Cruise in the slow lane and let the wind do half the work.
                      I reckon I could achieve 50mpg from my 2.8 today if I ran it from Stansted to Huntingdon due to the suitable weather conditions.

And if I borrowed a CDTi for the run back from Huntingdon to Stansted, if I did it in the fast lane pushing into that wind I reckon it would show only 40mpg.

Then I could conclude that a 2.8 achieves better mpg than the diesels.

Comment

I always take off 3 mpg from on-board mpg give actual mpg.
                        I don't worry too much, i just put fuel in these days. Unless it has become a heavy drinker then i look at what is wrong with the car.

I always use https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/ to see how other cars are doing.

Comment

I get half that.
                          For a 2 litre. I would expect more punch but it seems to be lacking especially in the higher gears. Though I guess that's the pay off for economy.

Being having a noise at a remap but I guess this isn't the thread for that.

Comment

I always take off 3 mpg from on-board mpg give actual mpg.
                            I don't worry too much, i just put fuel in these days. Unless it has become a heavy drinker then i look at what is wrong with the car.

I always use https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/ to see how other cars are doing.
                            With Vauxhalls that I have, had, or other people with Vauxhalls, the trip computer is off by at least 7% and sometimes as much as 11%.

Comment

i've gotta admit, i do post up various 'mpg' levels due to being pleased that for once in my life i've got a car that would appear to use fuel sparingly, and not guzzling it down.

but seeing that there seems to be a consensus that my trip computer is lying to me, i'll stop putting pics up,
                              and probablyswitch to **** loads of pics of my car from different angles.
                              Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X