No announcement yet.

just had this message come up low oil pressure stop engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is a20dt I think I called ,my engine on136k mileage I bought the car 4 weeks ago it's a 2010 model ELITE (yourshirepud)
    Bad luck this happened but gotta carry on

Siray I mean I've seen them on eBay fully reconditioned engine's for 900 thats for a 2.8t diesel some I've seem same as mine for 600 + i know there's labour charge

It what I'm thinking in long term getting a 2.8t low mileage reconditioned and gearbox to automatic if can

Comment

Originally posted by les-insignia View Post
      How much u reckon it'll cost to install in garage or get someone to house
      €400 with oil change is what it cost me, engine fine since. Like you I didnt drive the car after the warning first appeared. You should be ok.

Comment

I seen in another thread 310 now you saying 400 so at least I know what's coming at me
        Iva ask him to change the sensor even if it works and anything else that likely to go plus clean the pump

Comment

Originally posted by les-insignia View Post
          I seen in another thread 310 now you saying 400 so at least I know what's coming at me
          Iva ask him to change the sensor even if it works and anything else that likely to go plus clean the pump
          Note: I'm saying Euros 400 that included oil and filter change. Not far off the £310. The oil pump is driven off the crank shaft so any work on it will necessitate a lot more expenditure with the timing belt needing to come off.

Comment

Right the garage doesn't think it what I'm saying it is
            He had the car all week no messages come up he said so he said best to change the oil filter and do a oil change best oil there is I told him and see from there

I bought the seal in case and he said if the problem comes back he will get it done

But imo it give me a perfect change to update the clutch and flywheel to a performance one and get the seal done at same time which will work out cheaper as I would of change the clutch eventually as it can't handle the mapped engine 415lbs nm torque with stock clutch and flywheel

Comment

Working...
            X