Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insigina Elite 2015, Head unit issue

Hi All

Purchased a 2015 elite a week last Friday and say its a very impressive motor.

I have an issue though with the head unit, but waiting for the garage to sort a courtesy car so I can leave the motor with them.

The buttons on the right hand side of the unit are fine, Home, back etc, but the ones on the left are not working in the office so guessing what these are but I think its the Radio button, media button and the rewind button ( but the volume dial does work!) are not working at all. Could this be an easy fix, loose wire etc, so wanted to know if this is a common fault, and fixable myself or leave to an expert.

Cheers

buddy
    You only just brought the car leave it for them to sort out.

Comment

Hi,

Yeah let the dealer sort it but in the meantime you could try spraying some contact cleaner in and around the buttons in case dust or something has gotten behind. Do it while the system is off and wait for it to dry. Should evaporate in a few minutes.

My son tried this on his steering controls when cruise control wouldn't turn on and it sorted it.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thanks will wait for them to sort , but will try the contact cleaner aswell to try and speed things up

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
        X