X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smell of fumes

Good Afternoon All

New to the site so "hi" to you all

I've had my Insignia SRi Nav (12 plate) for about 18 months now (MOT's last March and die again Monday) and regularly serviced

However, i have recently been smelling exhaust fumes in the car but only when stood for a little while. I dont claim to be any good under the bonnet, just behind the wheel

Anyway, could it be something as simple as the Manifold Gasket and could it potentially fail the MOT with this ?

Thanks All

Is it a Diesel? Could be an injector seal gone. pop the plastic rocker cover off and have a look at the injectors, if its leaking there, there will be black gunge around the injector. I have had this on my previous insignia and it was exactly as you describe.

Comment

Welcome
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

,welcome
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Welcome.

the windows are closed aren’t they.
          sigpic

Comment

If it’s a diesel is it doing a regen ?

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
              If it’s a diesel is it doing a regen ?
              mine doesn't whiff when doing a regen

Comment

My petrol Elite apparently had this when owned by a previous owner & was reported at a service/mot (I've got the service report & bill for it). The cause was reported as the exhaust flexi connector, so it was replaced.

Comment

If it’s a petrol it needs a new filler cap had this issue before

Comment

If you can smell exhaust fumes then you're slowly being poisoned by Carbon Monoxide. Get it sorted asap otherwise you could be feeling very sleepy very quickly.

My Vectra C had a cracked manifold and I ended up at the local GP.

Edit: OP was 2018, so hopefully fixed now or he's snuffed it. Comments now for future searches.
                    2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

Working...
                    X