Navi 900 again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navi 900 again

I have done a quick search but being new here I gather I have a lot of reading to do (it’s a common discussion topic I gather).

Mine is absolutely awful. I’m going to start reading through all the threads for hints. It looks like mines never been updated (2014). It’s slow as fu@k to respond, crashes/blanks/reboots all the time and is generally a pain.

Was thinking there maybe a way of flashing different software or doing a workaround update (avoiding paying VX £120 for an update where my system will still be ). Maps are annoying as living in London, the layouts are changing so often and I seem to spend a lot of time in fields or sent down an invisible road.

If anyone has quick tips let me know as it’ll help me save time reading through lots.

I actually have one immediate question though... will it still work ok if I put a hammer through the screen? That’s looking like it may be my first course of action

Mines a late 2014 Navi 900.

I've not had issues with freezing. It runs smooth and hasn't hanged since. It is very basic though. with radio, Bluetooth, and nav I don't feel that there's much to go wrong.

Maybe worth doing a reset (take out the fuse maybe) or disconnect the battery.

There are a fair few after market android head units out there which might be more suited to you as they allow the use of Google maps which is always up to date.

Personally im looking into upgraded my Navi 900 to a later edition. Though I'm still looking into how it's possible to achieve this. Though it looks possible with a opcom.

Comment

Finally got round (or rather remembered) to trying to take the fuse out. My manual and online says fuse 35. I removed that and the system still works?!? Full on everything working... Tried 34 as it's for the sunroof (I don't have a sunroof) and it's not that either. Anyone know if mine car is just worked wrong or if there as a different layout?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DrWhooligan View Post
        Finally got round (or rather remembered) to trying to take the fuse out. My manual and online says fuse 35. I removed that and the system still works?!? Full on everything working... Tried 34 as it's for the sunroof (I don't have a sunroof) and it's not that either. Anyone know if mine car is just worked wrong or if there as a different layout?

Thanks
        You could try the glovebox fuse box I think its fuses 1 4 and 5

Comment

Thanks mate will try that.

Comment

Number 4 in the glove was the magic fuse. Leaving it out for a while and hopefully it'll reset.

Need to get the map updated... Might buy the usb off eBay?!?

Comment

Originally posted by DrWhooligan View Post
              Number 4 in the glove was the magic fuse. Leaving it out for a while and hopefully it'll reset.

Need to get the map updated... Might buy the usb off eBay?!?
              They are vin locked so you'll have to buy from vauxhall

Comment

Working...
              X