Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2.0 CDTi (160) - Engine oil leaking all over the suspension and steering.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.0 CDTi (160) - Engine oil leaking all over the suspension and steering.

I was considering buying a 2013 CDTi (160) SRi, until a check on previous MOT’s revealed some disturbing advisories. In 2016 the advisory stated (quote) “engine oil leaks all over nearside suspension/steering” then on the 2017 test, the tester remarked on the advisories “Undertrays fitted” (which I take to mean he couldn’t see to check anything behind the undertray – such as oil leaks). How convenient!
    My question is – what would have been the likely cause of this oil leak at 42000 miles and was I sensible to walk away from the deal, even if by now it might have been fixed?
    I didn't bother to go back and look underneath myself, as I had already made my mind up. (Although I will continue to look for another Insignia).
    Thanks,
    Barry.

The diesels all have trays under the engines, trouble is if you (or your mate) screws up an oil change the oil goes all over the tray and then over everything else

Comment

Yes - done that myself on more than one occasion , but what side is the oil filter on? (Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the model). Apparently this leakage/spillage was on the nearside.

Comment

The oil filter is on the timing belt end of the engine (drivers side).
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Aah thats interesting Mr Exclusiv!
          The engine oil mess referred to, was reported to be confined to the nearside - which rather casts doubt on the "fumbling with the oil filter" theory (although still a possibility, I suppose).
          Thanks!

Comment

If you like the car ,get them to remove undertray,pressure wash it,then go from there,,chances are it's from an oil change or a transmission oil change from a lazy fitted who couldn't be arsed to clean his mess up
            Last edited by exclusiv.; 18-03-2018, 09:56 PM.
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bulleteer View Post
              Aah thats interesting Mr Exclusiv!
              The engine oil mess referred to, was reported to be confined to the nearside - which rather casts doubt on the "fumbling with the oil filter" theory (although still a possibility, I suppose).
              Thanks!
              Also the oil filler is on the n/s

Comment

Working...
              X