Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from Scotland

Hi everyone

Just replaced my facelift diesel Insignia with a new Grand Sport 1.5 SRi. Really love the car but because it is a pre-registered vehicle I couldn't get every option I wanted. The dealer fitted reversing sensors for me and I have the spare wheel on order to replace the emergency tyre inflation kit, but I really miss the reversing camera that my previous car had. My first question is can I have the camera retrofitted to the R4.0 Intellilink system? My dealer said they couldn't do it so what are my options?

Welcome to the forum buddy

Comment

Hi,

I'm not sure a camera can be added to the R4.0. They would have been able to add one to the Navi900.

Do the sensors they fitted bring up the zone screen? If so, it's pretty accurate. I have front and rear sensors on mine and the zone screen is more than capable of guiding me into tight spots. I was gonna get a camera added but it works so well i'm not gonna bother now.

What colour did you get? Can we see some photos?
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Hi marko301

The sensors are basic. I just get the beeping noise and nothing else.

The car is white. I'll post pictures when I get a chance.

Comment

I don't know enough about the new R4.0 to know if an after market camera would work....Will it play movie files? I just wondered if the screen is capable of showing moving images. If not, I don't think there is anything on the market you could replace the system with just yet except if its possible to upgrade it to the Navi900......but maybe worth considering one of those rear view mirrors you connect a camera to that clip over your existing mirror. Not ideal but that's all I can think of from my limited knowledge.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

According to the manual it will play movie files and it has Android Auto/Apple CarPlay, but probably the biggest problem is connecting into the back of the screen.

Comment

That's interesting. If it plays move files I'm sure it should be capable of taking a camera. It won't be as simple as plug and play but it should be possible. Other members have added cameras to pre facelift's but they had to add something else. Maybe the same rules apply here. Hopefully someone will be along shortly who can help more.

Comment

Welcome
                LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Working...
                X