Insignia Service Theft Deterrent System Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia Service Theft Deterrent System Warning

Hello ,can anyone help ,i have a opel insignia sports tourer 2.0 cdti ,160bhp 2011 ,i went out in the car driving perfect ,stopped went into a shop and put the key in the ignition turned to start and nothing,just a warning on the dash ,Insignia Service Theft Deterrent System Warning, nothing is working windows lights etc ,car taken to dealer ,they cant communicate with the body control module ,had it tested said it was faulty ,they replaced the bcm ,but still nothing ,dealer is saying that they don't know what the problem is,its now been off the road for 5 weeks ,has anyone heard of this fault ,now very frustrated

This message sometimes points to a failing battery
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

try spare key if you have one as I had something similar a couple or 3 years ago

Comment

Dealer is now telling me that its the ecu ,1500 pounds and the bcm 500 , and possible ignition switch ,i did have a remap 12 months ago ,so that could be the problem ,but they will know on tuesday , 6 weeks later , if they renew the ecu ,so no remap,i did speak to the company who did the remap and they said that it will be another 400 for the remap on the new ecu , what a rip off 800 in 13 months no warranty cram ,so i would say do not use ,Quantum Tuning Ltd , no back up ,this is what email i had from them ,just passing the buck,Hi Rob

Thank you for getting back to us .

Quantum have offered to supply Veloc Tuning the software that you require for your vehicle free of charge. Veloc have in turn offered to carry out the manual work at a reduced rate however this must be negotiated with them, as they are essentially an independent business and Quantum have no control in setting fees for their labour.

If you would like to give Veloc a call I am sure that they will do all they can to help bring this to a satisfactory conclusion for you.so beware off this company

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
          This message sometimes points to a failing battery
          Did you try jump leads to boost the battery power? £2k seems a lot to pay out

Comment

No , just went to the shops ,not open just pulled up listened to the radio ,and then nothing ,just the message on the dash ,its doing my head in no car for 5 weeks ,the mechanic asked me the same question about battery , just cant read anything with the computer ,so don't know

Comment

Originally posted by amanda1234 View Post
              Hello ,can anyone help ,i have a opel insignia sports tourer 2.0 cdti ,160bhp 2011 ,i went out in the car driving perfect ,stopped went into a shop and put the key in the ignition turned to start and nothing,just a warning on the dash ,Insignia Service Theft Deterrent System Warning, nothing is working windows lights etc ,car taken to dealer ,they cant communicate with the body control module ,had it tested said it was faulty ,they replaced the bcm ,but still nothing ,dealer is saying that they don't know what the problem is,its now been off the road for 5 weeks ,has anyone heard of this fault ,now very frustrated
              Update garage still baffled 21 fault codes and still not found the problem ,could be wiring but still wating coming up to 7 weeks off the road

Comment

What fault codes came up?
                if you can find out and list them we may be able to point you in the right direction

Comment

May be worth checking the tailgate control module for water getting into it. Happened on mine and i had loads of fault codes come up. Its in the boot on the right hand side behind the pull down flap. If it has shown signs of water getting in you’ll need to check the tailgate motor housing to for water.

Comment

Still in the garage ,a-sure sat nav dead ,fitted old radio working,body control module had to be repaired ,mechanic ,if he is one not sure though after 6 weeks, i also bought a new battery,he has told me he has canbus error codes and is checking through them ,just feel now after 2 months off the road ,just set fire to it now very p----d off

Comment

I have a similar problem that happens intermittently. The car won’t start and displays that warning.

The only way I got it going again is to lock the car and unlock. That seems to get it going again.

It’s happened a few times sadly!

Comment

Dodgy alternator?

Hi, I had a fault recently on a 65 plate insignia, same idea as you, worked fine Friday but went to it on Saturday and got nothing. Went to the dealer and after much head scratching stated it was a failed alternator. No warning on failure before it happened and when restarted with a power booster at the garage it lit up like a Christmas tree.

Apologies, just noticed the post date - did you ever resolve the issue?
                        Last edited by GG07; 23-05-2019, 10:35 PM. Reason: Reply to old post
                        2016 Pearlescent Emerald Green 2.0 CDTi (170PS) Elite Nav, I would say what the extras are but it's just stock...well almost - Chrome door pins, stainless "Insignia" footrest and puddle lights.

Comment

Just in case people are looking at this the same happened to me but the outcome was very different. Left the car for no more than 15 minutes and on starting ever warning light in the world lit up including airbag needing servicing and the Theft Deterrent System, on driving the speedo and rev counter were on zero and all the doors were open (not physically but on the dash).
                          I got home and after replacing the key battery everything returned to normal.
                          As they say in hindsight use both keys, hope this helps!

Comment

All you have to do is take negative terminal off bat connect that to the positive for 30 seconds it depleats all electrical systems in car connect battery back up the central locking now won't work open car manually and start car to code it turn it off turn key to position 1 and press lock button on key job done

Comment

Working...
                            X