Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Aid

Hello I’m new to these forums.
    I’m looking for some info with the parking aid of my 2012 Elite Tourer. The display doesn’t show any segmentation when reversing and the sound is quite low. The front sensors have segmentation and are quite loud. Is there an update for this? Any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers.

Hi,

Was it working fine and stopped or have you bought the car like it? You could try the old disconnecting the battery trick. See if that sorts it before you start spending money. Sounds like something may have failed though. Have you tested each of the four sensors to check if any have stopped working?
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thanks Marko.
      I have only just got the vehicle and it didn’t work from the onset.Should there be segementation for the reverse sensors? Sensors seem fine. What does the battery disconnection do?
      Thanks

Comment

Do you have an image of what it should look like? The car has a warranty but from a Ford dealership.
        Thanks

Comment

Yeah the back should look like the front. Split into 3 zones. I don't have a pic but will take a pic tomorrow. Disconnecting the battery can help clear any software glitches by causing the system to reset. If it's under warranty I'd let them sort it.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

THanks for your help Marko. Having the image will help when I take it in for repair.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinny66 View Post
              THanks for your help Marko. Having the image will help when I take it in for repair.
              Managed to drag myself out for a shot tonight.

Comment

Thanks Marko I will contact them today����

Comment

Hi Marko unfortunately my model doesn’t have the distance segmentation for reverse, only for the front- bizzare!#suck
                  Would you know of any software upgrades?
                  Cheers

Comment

That's odd. What's the point of having front without rear. I have no idea whether a software upgrade would sort it, sorry.

Anybody else know more about this? I find it strange a car has front and rear sensors with with only front zones on the screen.

Comment

Give Vauxhall a call to check if it should have them all round on your car. They should be able to tell you if they were a factory fitted option.

Comment

I agree, very strange indeed!!

Comment

Bad news I'm afraid....ive just spoken to raysri and he said the pre facelift only had the front zone on the screen.

So the ford dealer was correct.

Comment

That’s barmy. Looks like a reverse camera then as these vehicles are difficult on the rear vision.
                            Any ideas?
                            Thanks

Comment

If you've got the elite I take it you have satnav. To get a rear camera working on that you'll need a signal interceptor. Something like xcar link but you're looking at around 200 quid.

I don't know how you fit it though because I've never done it.

The cheaper option would be to buy one of those rear view mirrors that incorporate a screen. It just clips over your existing mirror and the camera plugs into it. Again, I've never done this either but one of the other admins has so if you went down that route I'm sure you can pick his brains.

Comment

Working...
                              X