Breakdown Recovery Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakdown Recovery Options

Just found out this morning that the wife was going to pay £307 to the AA to renew our joint membership.

Seems massively expensive to me even with the Roadside + Home Start + Relay package.

Does anyone have any recommendations/price experiences for other recovery providers such as RAC and Greenflag?

Cheers.

Originally posted by BlabyLoyal View Post
    Just found out this morning that the wife was going to pay £307 to the AA to renew our joint membership.

Seems massively expensive to me even with the Roadside + Home Start + Relay package.

Does anyone have any recommendations/price experiences for other recovery providers such as RAC and Greenflag?

Cheers.
    Perhaps not a preferred option for you but you could always change your insurance provider to one which provides free breakdown cover

Comment

I used to get it included with my bank account and it was decent cover. It was with green flag for a while but then they changed it to the rac and it even included cover when abroad. Used it twice, once in my old focus when the battery died after being sat for 10 days due to snow and then when the Siggy broke down on me in France. Both went fine.

Comment

My whole family is with the AA, two of my daughters work in the call centre so the cost is next to nothing. One of the many perks they get for working for them.
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Have a look at Start Rescue.
          Chris

Comment

I'm with green flag,,direct debit,5er a month,,piece of mind if you break down MLS from home
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Just checked and we’re now with Auto Aid...sorted by my other half.

Comment

Thing with insurance, breakdown cover, broadband, telephone etc is to phone them and tell them that they need to do a great deal better on price.....and often the price tumbles.

If you are not already signed up, sign up for the weekly newsletter on:

Good advice and also notification of deals etc.

Comment

£115 for me and the Mrs,that’s with Rac.i was going to have a shop around but forgot.
                  sigpic

Comment

We use tesco club card, about £38 pays the £140 ish renewal every year

Comment

Just seen this on Hot UK Deals..may be of use to someone

Comment

Working...
                      X