My Main Hobby - Photographing Military Aircraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Main Hobby - Photographing Military Aircraft

Just seen some nice pics in another post, thought I would share some of mine
    Im a Plane nut too, and hit the loop as often as poss :-) amongst other places, fast jets are my fav but any Military Aircraft to shoot is better than none

[IMG]Tornado by Mark Bentley, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Tornado GR4 at Cad

[IMG]Eagle by Mark Bentley, on Flickr[/IMG]
    F15E at the Bwlch

[IMG]url=https://www.markb-photography.co.uk/mach-loop?lightbox=i30jri[/IMG]
    Tucano at Cad

[IMG]Northolt night shoot October 2014 by Mark Bentley, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Army Air Corp AH64D

RAF Central Band and Pinky

[IMG]RAF Northolt-0129 by Mark Bentley, on Flickr[/IMG]
    C130K - this one was scrapped a couple of days after shot was taken

[IMG]url=https://www.markb-photography.co.uk/fullscreen-page/comp-iufck7tz/7d4d8fac-1c5c-43e6-9aa1-25bad9691056/42/%3Fi%3D42%26p%3Dvqi8m%26s%3Dstyle-iufie3dq[/IMG]
    Typhoon Seek and Destroy - 41 Squadron RAF Coningsby

[IMG]3Z3C0311 by Mark Bentley, on Flickr[/IMG]
    And at rest in the late evening sun

[IMG]url=https://www.markb-photography.co.uk/fullscreen-page/comp-iufck7tz/d09d891a-86d2-42e9-9d22-84e75911ab42/103/%3Fi%3D103%26p%3Dvqi8m%26s%3Dstyle-iufie3dq[/IMG]
    41 Sqn Tornado on the ramp at RAF Coningsby

[IMG]Lakenheath base visit-0069-2 copy by Mark Bentley, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Lakenheath 48th Fighter Wing commanding officers aircraft, in its hanger has all four squadron badges on side

[IMG]Coningsby Dec 2013-0249-2-2 copy by Mark Bentley, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Sunset Typhoon, home after a sortie

[IMG]url=https://www.markb-photography.co.uk/modern-aircraft?lightbox=image_48b[/IMG]
    Fully Armed Typhoon returning from a Quick Reaction Alert scramble, 4 long and 4 short range missiles and extra fuel tanks as standard loading

Hope you like them

Cheers
    Mark

Where are the pics please sir?

Comment

ERR sorry not sure, used the insert image function and nothing has appeared, will try and work out what I have not done properly, tried again still no joy, anyone got an idea please ?

Cheers

Comment

Just redone them all and still not working ? will try again could it be as I am fairly new I do not have posting rights for images ?

Comment

Nice pics. I live 15 minutes away from Bruntingthorpe where a chap I know has a plane. I've got some pics somewhere of my old B6 Passat amongst the Buccaneers and Hunters up there. No idea where the pics are though!

Comment

Some really good photos there, thanks for sharing.

I've spent most of my working life at BAE Systems, and have been involved with some of these aircraft over the years, so nice to see these pics.

Comment

Thank you both glad you like them,having a problem with a couple for some reason, will have to sort when I finish nights on Friday.

or visit www.markb-photography.co.uk purely a site for fun to share my photography, not a professional just a passionate amateur

Cheers
              Mark

Comment

Cracking set of photos, some nice compositions there. Favourites would be the first and last one but then I'm biased.

Spent over 20 years on Tornado and the last 14 on Typhoon.

Regards.

Neil

Comment

Some great shots there mate...

seeing those reminded me of this..

Two British traffic patrol officers from North Berwick were involved in an unusual incident while checking for speeding motorists on the A1 Great North Road. One of the officers used a hand-held radar device to check the speed of a vehicle approaching over the crest of a hill, and was surprised when the speed was recorded at over 300 mph. Their radar suddenly stopped working and the officers were not able to reset it.

Just then a deafening roar over the treetops revealed that the radar had in fact latched on to a NATO Tornado fighter jet which was engaged in a low-flying exercise over the Border district, approaching from the North Sea.

Back at police headquarters the chief constable fired off a stiff complaint to the RAF Liaison office.

Back came the reply in true laconic RAF style:

"Thank you for your message, which allows us to complete the file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Tornado had detected the presence of, and subsequently locked onto, your hostile radar equipment and automatically sent a jamming signal back to it.
                  Furthermore, an air-to-ground missile aboard the fully-armed aircraft had also automatically locked onto your equipment. Fortunately the pilot flying the Tornado recognized the situation for what it was, quickly responded to the missile systems alert status, and was able to override the automated defence system before the missile was launched and your hostile radar installation was destroyed.

Good Day..."
                  sigpic

Comment

Cheers chaps, glad you liked them, can only post flikr shots ?wix ones will not work for some reason.

Cheerd
                    Nark

Comment

Without you and your brethren I would not have snything to shoot, so big thanks to you mate.

Comment

Cracking photos. The in flight ones in particular. Really good.

Comment

Cheers mate, very much appreciated thank you

Comment

Working...
                          X