Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boot lights??....or are they reflectors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot lights??....or are they reflectors?

as above

on the outside of the facelift boot lid.....do these light up or are they just cosmetic??

like this

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
      as above

on the outside of the facelift boot lid.....do these light up or are they just cosmetic??
      You have to buy working ones from Vauxhall and wire them in.

They only put them on cars with AFL

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
        You have to buy working ones from Vauxhall and wire them in.

They only put them on cars with AFL

ahhhh I see...........thank you

Comment

Think you can get them from autovaux for about 80 quid the pair,,it's a got to mod imo,looks **** when they're there,but not lit up
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I did a bit of a how to when I fitted them to my facelift https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...elift-Insignia

Might be of some help if you fancy doing them.

Be cheaper to get the lights from where Dave said though.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I'm really liking this mod.

Been on autovaux, GPS and Carpartsconnexion and I'm drawing a blank

Comment

Yeah it really improves the look of the back. VX got a lot of complaints about them only working on cars with AFL. Luckily they work as standard on the grand sport.

Shame they're not for sale elsewhere. They were just over 100 quid a pair at last check from vx.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I'm wondering if I can adapt the ones on the car

Comment

I had a look when mine were off and I wasn't confident I wouldnt mess them up. From memory I don't think you could open them up.

Comment

Oh well....I'll need to wait til a pair appear somewhere

Comment

Oh well....I'll need to wait til a pair appear somewhere
                        There's a few on eBay,but they look like the dummy's you've already got. Bite the bullet and go to vx
                        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

You could try eBay....see if any elites are breaking. Not sure if they'd have any on AliExpress?

Comment

Boot lights??....or are they reflectors?

as above

They worked on my old elite facelift

Think it was only elite or higher models that had them as standard

Comment

Originally posted by Neal_1974 View Post
                              They worked on my old elite facelift

Think it was only elite or higher models that had them as standard
                              No it was only cars with AFL. which the elite had. They were part of the AFL pack.

Comment

Working...
                              X