Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding ambient lighting, where to access the existing dimmer circuit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding ambient lighting, where to access the existing dimmer circuit?

Im wanting to add some red LED strips to the interior as ambient lighting is very cool! Where is the best place to hack into the existing dimmer circuit in the insignia?

I have the usual red LEDs, around the gear lever, and a couple of Vauxhall Omega third brake lights under the back seat, these light up the rear floor wells. I wired them into the front footwell lights, so they come on when a door is opened, then fade out. If you wanted them lit whenever the ignition is on, use fuse 6 in the glovebox, or branch into either cigarette lighter wiring.

Comment

What I really want is them on the dimmer circuit so when I dim the lights round the radio/heater etc they dim as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Blinky2134 View Post
        What I really want is them on the dimmer circuit so when I dim the lights round the radio/heater etc they dim as well...
        It will do this when wired to the cigarette lighter.

Comment

Excellent thanks for that

Comment

Gurdip and Blinky2134 just checking wiring to the cigarette lighter will dim the lights fitted to gearstick? I'm about to do the light around the gearstick but thought I'd have to find ambient lighting possibly off auto lights switch ? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmac988 View Post
              Gurdip and Blinky2134 just checking wiring to the cigarette lighter will dim the lights fitted to gearstick? I'm about to do the light around the gearstick but thought I'd have to find ambient lighting possibly off auto lights switch ? Thanks
              No it won't.
              Its a static supply.

You should check the user's last appearance.

Blinky ain't been on since 2018

But you might get a response from gurdip.

Comment

RBH yeah I thought as much.... I can't post yet to start a thread but that's what I'm hoping to find out. Where would be best to tap into the ambient lightning for gearstick trim mod.. maybe the touch pad

Comment

RBH yeah I thought as much.... I can't post yet to start a thread but that's what I'm hoping to find out. Where would be best to tap into the ambient lightning for gearstick trim mod.. maybe the touch pad
                  What's the reason you think you can't start your own thread???

Comment

Told I have to post 50 times have no option to open new post/thread

Comment

No...you have to post 50 times to be able to use the private message system.

Every single member can a create a new thread.

Comment

If you go to the individual sub section

You'll see a blue box in the top left hand side it says new topic......click the box
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210306-215920.png
Views:	1648
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	289036

Comment

The ambient lighting is Bluetooth and all you need to do is download an app, this way you can change the colour ,brightness etc

I just tapped into the rear aux

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Bigmac988
                            Bigmac988 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            App ? Are you connecting to the lights you fit themselves with the app then ? Or the car ? Cheers looks great by the way...

RBH thanks again pal

Comment

Originally posted by the gas man View Post
                            The ambient lighting is Bluetooth and all you need to do is download an app, this way you can change the colour ,brightness etc

I just tapped into the rear aux

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
                            Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 6m LED RGB Car Atmosphere Lamp Interior Ambient Light Strip Phone APP Control at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products.

Comment

Working...
                            X