hesitation then no start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hesitation then no start.

have an issue with my 2.0 cdti sri, was fine last night but it was a bit slow on pick up this morning but seemed fine after 2500 revs, gave it a bit of stick incase it was a bit of dirt in the diesel and all seemed fine, parked up for 20 minutes & now it wont start. just had the oil cooler done with new oil & filter, air filter was replaced last week but not the fuel filter, will try that in the morning. I did put £20 of diesel in it last night and was thinking maybe bad diesel. anything else I should be looking at? service vehicle now light popped up when it started playing up this morning too.

Do you have the receipt from the Filling Station? Was it definately diesel you put in?
    Might be worth taking off the fuel cap and smelling the filler pipe to make sure it wasn't petrol
    sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

didn't keep the receipt, Iam 99.9% certain it was diesel though,
      I drove about 15 miles after putting it in & it was fine.

Comment

The petrol nozzle won’t go into a diesel intake..I found this out on Monday gone,thank god or I’d have had £30 of petrol in me diesel. Never ever done this before in my life. Shows how easy it can happen!

my excuse,fill the Mrs car up-petrol and mine-diesel...and hung over...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Logosgil View Post
          The petrol nozzle won’t go into a diesel intake.
          Oh yes it will.... thats why I had an RAC Fuelsure cap fitted to my old 2011 2.0 CDti Siggy. We get it at least once a month at work, usually as you say people used to filling a petrol car.
          Think thats why newer cars don't have fuel caps anymore because the petrol pump is narrower and won't open diesel filler pipe.

Not so bad putting petrol in a diesel, Diesel in a petrol engine is a friggin nightmare to clean out.
          sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

If you're regularly putting relatively small quantities of diesel in the car and with the tank constantly less than half full the oil filter will fill up with water (as its supposed to) much quicker than if you keep the tank full or fill up every time due to condensation inside the tank. Not sure of your refueling habits but changing the fuel filter may solve it though I think the 'water in fuel' would ping up. Diesel absorbs water naturally so may be dodgy fuel either.

Comment

Youl know more than me mate...if I didn’t feel like such a dick at the the time,quick change an hope no ones looking.

id have a good look to see if it could have fitted
              sigpic

Comment

the car is parked up Monday to Friday as im away with my job, so its only used weekends really, but had to pick my daughter up last night - that's why I fuelled in a place I don't normally use. I`ll try the filter tomorrow & see how it goes. got a mate with a diagnostics reader who says I can try that if all else fails. cheers.

Comment

still no joy after changing the fuel filter. going to plug the code reader into it in a bit and look at that. I`ll never buy another 1 of these heaps of shite.

Comment

im lost, its as if theres no fuel getting to the injectors, tried it with easy start and it did run until we stopped spraying it in.

Comment

If you press the Shrader valve on the fuel rail with ignition switched on and there is no pressure (it should blast out not dribble) it looks like your fuel pump in the tank isn't working. Check fuses 20 & 67 in the engine compartment (20amp) if they are ok it's probably your fuel pump which is located in the tank. I have one I got of ebay cause my fuel gauge stopped working but never got round to fitting as you have to drop tank to do it. If you need the pump pm me your address and you are more than welcome to it
                      sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

thanks for that m8, its going to be Friday when I get a chance now because im off to work. got a mate coming up to look as well who`s well into diesel`s so hopefully he can shed some light on it.
                        thanks m8.

Comment

cant see a valve anywhere near the fuel rail m8 - fuse 20 is ok - there is no fuse in 67. when I changed the filter last week I could hear the pump filling it up again so pretty sure its not that. pissed off.com!

Comment

If it filled the filter in-tank pump should be ok, did you get any fault codes stored?
                            sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

drained the tank via the pump - so I know that's working. no codes stored either. its soo frustrating, it wants to go - but just wont!

Comment

Working...
                              X