Timing tools.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing tools.

Having just bought another insignia I'm going to give it a full service and timing belt and pump change
    There is a few timing kits on ebay but not sure whether there cheaply made or not and draper isn't much more but before I buy the more expensive one anyone used the chew pish. £20 or so sets from ebay?
    What they like?

To be honest you don't need them on CDTi...i just put extra marks on the two pulleys just in case they move.Fuel pump doesn't need one as there is no timing on it.

The new belt should have markings to help line everything up..

Comment

I know it's possible without but would rather have them just in case.

I'll get the gates kit from eBay and found an online guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
        I know it's possible without but would rather have them just in case.

I'll get the gates kit from eBay and found an online guide.

http://replace-timing-belt.com/how-t...2-0-cdti-2009/
        The guide looks but but I wouldn’t take out the glow plugs, just incase one breaks

Comment

Definitely won't be doing that. Also managed to get some tools bought the Lucas set.
          Just hope courier doesn't loose them like my OEM towbar I bought last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
            Definitely won't be doing that. Also managed to get some tools bought the Lucas set.
            Just hope courier doesn't loose them like my OEM towbar I bought last week.
            I’m going to do the job myself, my local VX quoted £419 for cambelt and waterpump

Comment

Well was a nice day so after I finished work it was time to get belt swapped.
              All went well was easy enough Oil and filter tomorrow then it'll be ready to go.

Comment

Working...
              X