Adding parking sensors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding parking sensors.

I've just bought another insignia to repair and run for work.
    Always fancied a tourer and have finally got on to go along with our vxline.

There is no sensors so I'd like to add both front and rear not fussed on having the display.
    Currently looking at aftermarket flush fit kits so has anyone any recommendations?

Most of us have fitted Cisbo ones, off ebay:-
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CISBO-Rev...SqRVymv_BhpUUW.
    They are not flush as such, but you won't catch your Kilt on them I don't have front ones as yet, but remember you will need to fit a switch.The colour range is very good too.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Stoat View Post
      Most of us have fitted Cisbo ones, off ebay:-
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CISBO-Rev...SqRVymv_BhpUUW.
      They are not flush as such, but you won't catch your Kilt on them I don't have front ones as yet, but remember you will need to fit a switch.The colour range is very good too.
      I had looked as though but I'd prefer flush fit.
      I may drop them a message to see if they do flush and also ask if they do different tones so you can tell difference between front and rear.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
        I had looked as though but I'd prefer flush fit.
        I may drop them a message to see if they do flush and also ask if they do different tones so you can tell difference between front and rear.
        I didn’t know you could flush fitting which is a shame, there are several on fleabay

Comment

I just bought and fitted some of the cisbo sensors to the rear of my pathfinder again not flush but they are close fitting even with the angled spacers , they were the basic set four sensors with just a beeper .
          £17 from Amazon

Comment

Lff that is a good price for nowadays, I didn't use the angled spacers, so they are closer to being flush.

Comment

do you mean electromagnetic sensors the strip fits at the back of the bumper don't know how good they are though

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Electromagn...p2047675.l2644

Comment

I know this thread is long gone, but when fitting them, do you tap off the reverse light wire? So it's only active when you put it in reverse? Thanks
                2011 INSIGNIA S/S ECOFLEX 2.0 SE, ELECTRIC BOOT OPENING, FULL LED INTERIOR, LED NUMBER PLATE LIGHTS, LED SIDE REPEATERS, HANDSFREE BLUETOOTH, CRUISE CONTROL, DAB, USB CONVERSION ON FRONT CIGARETTE LIGHTER, WING MIRROR EYE LIDS, REAR TINTS.

Comment

Correct mate.

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

Originally posted by Boothy91 View Post
                    I know this thread is long gone, but when fitting them, do you tap off the reverse light wire? So it's only active when you put it in reverse? Thanks
                    Yes live wire into reverse wire and pick up an earth.
                    Can’t remember the colour but I’ll have a look and see if you like.

Comment

Please if you don't mind mate, that would be brill 👍
                      2011 INSIGNIA S/S ECOFLEX 2.0 SE, ELECTRIC BOOT OPENING, FULL LED INTERIOR, LED NUMBER PLATE LIGHTS, LED SIDE REPEATERS, HANDSFREE BLUETOOTH, CRUISE CONTROL, DAB, USB CONVERSION ON FRONT CIGARETTE LIGHTER, WING MIRROR EYE LIDS, REAR TINTS.

Comment

Working...
                      X