DPF and passive regeneration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bringing this back to life if i may.

Had my car for nearly 5 weeks now, my daily commute is only 13 miles each way. I don't drive fast but do get to speed limits pretty quick.
    Not installed the regen light yet, but i dont think car has done one yet. I have done a few longer runs on the motorway etc. But my mpg is still climbing even thou i reset it when i got the car. Done nearly 1000 miles in that time.

1. Never noticed higher rpm and MPG is still going up. Is it possible one has completed or started and not finished?
    2. Where are you all getting soot % levels from?
    3. If it can really damage the car by not finishing a regen why would Vauxhall remove all warnings?
    4 The regen LED i assume is just in series with heated screen, so will light up when heated screen is actually on. SO why does the dash heated screen not light up?

sorry having a blonde night in

And before you say it i bought a diesel because after 3 years having a petrol i miss how diesels drive, i couldnt afford a petrol GS, and i plan on starting to do a few more miles each year.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
      Bringing this back to life if i may.

Had my car for nearly 5 weeks now, my daily commute is only 13 miles each way. I don't drive fast but do get to speed limits pretty quick.
      Not installed the regen light yet, but i dont think car has done one yet. I have done a few longer runs on the motorway etc. But my mpg is still climbing even thou i reset it when i got the car. Done nearly 1000 miles in that time.

1. Never noticed higher rpm and MPG is still going up. Is it possible one has completed or started and not finished?

2. Where are you all getting soot % levels from?
      3. If it can really damage the car by not finishing a regen why would Vauxhall remove all warnings?
      4 The regen LED i assume is just in series with heated screen, so will light up when heated screen is actually on. SO why does the dash heated screen not light up?

sorry having a blonde night in

And before you say it i bought a diesel because after 3 years having a petrol i miss how diesels drive, i couldnt afford a petrol GS, and i plan on starting to do a few more miles each year.
      1, you generally wouldn't notice the rmp build as it's by a tiny amount. I generally get around 500 miles per regen. My driving is a 35 mile motorway munch 1 way so I'm doing over 70 miles a day and have had no issues with the dpf or regen. A regen takes around 5 minutes to complete and I generally tell one is in progress by looking at my current mpg which drops down into the 40's.

2,. I use a app called opelDPF. I have a cheap OBD2 Bluetooth dongle which is then linked to my phone.

3. Generally my DPF gets between 80-90 before attempting its first gen. With my millage I've never being caught out so to speak. I feel if it failed continuesly it would come up with the DPF keep driving message.

4, although it states when doing a regen that the heated screen is on I don't think it actually is. It's just the way of the car letting you know. The button has prob being programmed to not distract the driver. Picture it - car crashed caused by a man driven insane with this rear heating turning on on its own ha.

I would just get a cheapish obd 2 dongle from Amazon with good reviews and give the app a go.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
        1, you generally wouldn't notice the rmp build as it's by a tiny amount. I generally get around 500 miles per regen. My driving is a 35 mile motorway munch 1 way so I'm doing over 70 miles a day and have had no issues with the dpf or regen. A regen takes around 5 minutes to complete and I generally tell one is in progress by looking at my current mpg which drops down into the 40's.

2,. I use a app called opelDPF. I have a cheap OBD2 Bluetooth dongle which is then linked to my phone.

3. Generally my DPF gets between 80-90 before attempting its first gen. With my millage I've never being caught out so to speak. I feel if it failed continuesly it would come up with the DPF keep driving message.

4, although it states when doing a regen that the heated screen is on I don't think it actually is. It's just the way of the car letting you know. The button has prob being programmed to not distract the driver. Picture it - car crashed caused by a man driven insane with this rear heating turning on on its own ha.

I would just get a cheapish obd 2 dongle from Amazon with good reviews and give the app a go.
        Thanks that explained it perfectly. I already have an Elm dongle that seems to work ok, il download app and try it tomorrow. So i probably have had a few regens and not noticed. Interesting but also nice knowing it is probably working ok.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

During the regen mirrors and the heated screen are on.
          Normally regen process can be executed when the soot level reaches minimum 79%. Engine needs to be up to the temperature and the car needs to travel over 60mph(100kph) for at least 2minutes. Once the soot level gets over 90% the regen process can start even when engine is cold and car stationary.

Comment

App connects to dingle, connects to ecu but hangs on checking ecu [emoji22]
            Originally posted by MattG View Post
            Thanks that explained it perfectly. I already have an Elm dongle that seems to work ok, il download app and try it tomorrow. So i probably have had a few regens and not noticed. Interesting but also nice knowing it is probably working ok.

Comment

Run the app and connect to the ECU before starting the engine and you should be fine.

Comment

Tried every combination going, always same result.
                Connects to Elm, connects to ECU but hangs on checking ECU.

Not seen anywhere a 2016 working on this software, so wonder if just for older models?

Comment

Currently the app only supports A20DT, A20DTH, A20DTJ, A20DTR, A20DTC, A20DTL and some A17(x) engines.
                  Unfortunately it doesn't work with your B20DTH :-/

Comment

[emoji22]
                    Originally posted by dante83pl View Post
                    Currently the app only supports A20DT, A20DTH, A20DTJ, A20DTR, A20DTC, A20DTL and some A17(x) engines.
                    Unfortunately it doesn't work with your B20DTH :-/

Comment

Working...
                    X