Stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo

Morning guys, new here, need some help. My infotainment system has stopped working, fuses are all ok, is there a reboot I can do ? If so, how, thanks

Welcome to the forum,you could try disconnecting battery for 10 -15 mins, sometimes cures electronic gremlins
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Ok thanks

Comment

Ok I’ve just disconnected the battery for 30 mins, still not working. Any ideas

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
          Ok I’ve just disconnected the battery for 30 mins, still not working. Any ideas
          Which fuses have you checked?

What car do you have and what infotainment system are you running?

Do the indicator sounds still work along with seatbelt sound etc.

Comment

I’ve checked all the fuses under the bonnet and in the glove box, it’s a 2010 Sri navi 2.0 desiel, no indicator or seat belt noise

Comment

I’ve checked all the fuses under the bonnet and in the glove box, it’s a 2010 Sri navi 2.0 desiel, no indicator or seat belt noise
              Could be the radio module thats died. If you can get hold of opcom it will narrow down whats wrong with it

Comment

The usb doesn’t charge phone now and 240v socket doesn’t work either

Comment

The usb doesn’t charge phone now and 240v socket doesn’t work either
                  What happened. Did you just get in the car and you started it and it stopped working?

Comment

Car wasn’t used for a approx 4 weeks, battery went flat, jump started it, problem started then

Comment

Car wasn’t used for a approx 4 weeks, battery went flat, jump started it, problem started then
                      Seems like insignias are sensitive to being jump started my friend got his jump started and lost his mileage.

Best bet for you is to either buy opcom or find someone with it and get some diagnostics on it.

The radio not working could be a duff radio module. It could be that when you've jump started it. Its shorted something. I'm not sure why the phone won't charge.

Even if you think the fuses are ok. Change fuses 1, 4, 5, 6 and 7.

Comment

Jump starting a modern car can do pretty serious damage to the electrical system.not to worry you,but do a search on it.

good luck and I hope you get sorted soon.
                        sigpic

Comment

How was it jump started? were the positive and negative leads placed on both car batteries? If so this will be the reason why. The car with the flat battery should have the negative lead to ground e.g. chassis and not on the battery

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
                          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Sounds like it's had a power surge when jumping.
                            As suggested check all fuses and is there any modules that could have been effected?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
                              Sounds like it's had a power surge when jumping.
                              As suggested check all fuses and is there any modules that could have been effected?
                              If everything else works then, worst case scenario he's probably looking at a new radio module.

All depends on the outcome of putting diagnostics on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X