Tyre make and model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre make and model

I'm looking into tyres, till now I've always just had what ever budget tyre they have , but up till now I've always had scrap cars.
    I know the insignia is no top posh car but I think it deserves nice boots.

My rear tyres are Michelin 3's, would this be what they come from Vauxhall with.

I'm thinking that what they come with are a good Tyre

They usually come with Bridgstone or Conti's depending on what year the car is
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

2012/3 mine is.

Comment

They used to come with Michelin primacy on the standard Sri 17 inch rims, excellent tyres in the rain,I might add
        Last edited by exclusiv.; 03-04-2018, 06:11 PM.
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Goodyear eagle f1 as3 is my favourite tyre right now
          Dunlop sport maxx rt performs well but a wears out very quick
          michelin pilot super sports were amazing but too expensive
          the goodyears are 2nd in performance to the michelin pss in my opinion and price is ok
          im runing 245/40r19 XL

Comment

Rainsport 3’s are the best and you can get them from camskill

Comment

I got caught out buying tyres with 6.5mm thread depth from new. Norm is 8mm. I assume this is to improve test results and thus sales but makes the tyres which seem competitively priced compared to mid range tyres actually bit of a rip off as they wont last as long. Continental are the culprit in my case. I'm currently running 4 Petlas 245/35/20 and are excellent. The 6.5mm thread trick is the start of a trend I'd say. I did get 20k kms out of the Conti tyres on the front so they were'nt crap but the thread depth was bit of a cheat.

Comment

Working...
              X